Last Updated on September 1, 2021
Boiled eggs are so versatile! They make a great snack and an even better breakfast. Having an egg boiler means that you can cook your eggs to perfection, whether you love it soft or hardboiled. Let’s see which appliance is the best for your tastebuds!
Discover The Best Egg Boilers Reviewed In 2021
The best egg boiler has several features you might love. You can place up to 6 eggs inside the stainless steel cups, the design is also small so you won’t have to sacrifice a lot of kitchen space and this cooker can adjust its temperature to suit your taste of soft, medium or hard-boiled.
The egg cooker is also safe to use. It cannot overheat or cause a fire hazard. You can also easily clean the high-grade stainless steel layout and the lid is dishwasher safe.
Using the egg boiler is easy. You also get a measuring cup and an egg piercer for free. Once the machine is done cooking the eggs, it will sound an alarm to let you know that breakfast is served!
- A warming function.
- 70% more energy-efficient than its competitors.
- Made of BPA free materials.
- Straightforward operation supported by a flip-switch.
- It has an inclusive cable rewind that prevents clutter.
- Its removable egg-tray is somewhat hard to clean.
Do you love eggs in all shapes and forms? Then this set might be better than a simple egg boiler. It can boil eggs, sure, but it also gives you poached eggs and omelettes.
The round device also saves space on the kitchen counter and can even be used inside a caravan or taken along on a camping trip. At full capacity, you can boil seven eggs, poach another four or perfectly cook two omelettes in a matter of minutes. Accessories also include a measuring cup, egg piercer base as well as poaching and omelette trays.
The egg cooker can give you soft, medium or hard-boiled eggs. When ready, the thermal sensor will notify you with a beep. An auto shut-off feature also then turns the unit off.
- Multi-purpose egg boiler.
- Effortless one-click operation.
- Boil-dry protection feature.
- Easy to clean.
- Compact-sized and very lightweight.
- Requires some effort to clean.
This egg boiler doubles as an omelette maker and could be the best choice if you love steam-cooked foods. The latter is certainly known for their locked-in nutrients! With this device, you can prepare seven delicious boiled eggs at a record cooking time.
Just like all the top egg cookers, it’s also compact enough to take up as little space as possible. By using the measuring cup, you can use the correct amount of water to steam hard, medium or soft-boiled eggs. Besides boiling eggs to absolute perfection, this range of egg cookers can also make omelettes and steam other foods as well.
- Boil-dry protection feature.
- Easy one-buttoned function.
- Automatic shut-off feature that activates upon completion.
- Its interior is somewhat hard to clean.
If you love the idea of a multi-purpose egg boiler but want to shop some more before making your final choice, here’s another good cooker to consider. This compact and easy-to-use cooker can do a lot! You can look forward to boiled and poached eggs, succulent omelettes, scrambled eggs, and other steamed foods.
The egg boiler is designed with a centre compartment for boiled eggs, another platter for poached eggs and a third tray for omelettes. All three dishes are dishwasher-safe, so you can rest assured that cleaning the egg cooker will be just as easy as using it.
- Six slots for boiled eggs.
- Comes with a recipe book.
- Manual timer for boiled eggs.
- Very easy to maintain.
- It doesn’t have a signalling sound for when boiling is finished.
- It doesn’t have an automatic turn-off feature.
If you only want a device that boils eggs but want something stylish, then this is your new cooker. The brushed silver body, white finish and clear lid make this cooker a beautiful touch to any kitchen. But let’s see what benefits you can expect.
You get all the accessories you need to cook the perfect eggs including a piercer and water cup. You can add up to 7 eggs and prepare them as soft, medium or hardboiled by simply turning the rotary dial to your preferred taste. Once done, the cooker will alert you with a chime but if you want to warm the eggs some more, there is also a reheat function.
- Very stylish.
- Takes 7 eggs.
- Simple operation.
- Cannot prepare omelletes or poached eggs.
This triple threat offers you great quality and taste. The upgraded stainless steel model is ideal for larger families as it can boil seven eggs at a time. You also get one tool that doubles as a piercer and a measuring cup.
The egg cooker also includes a poaching tray that can cook two poached eggs and a dish for a single omelette. Whatever you want to prepare, it has a straightforward operation that boils eggs quickly. You simply add the water and the cooker does the rest.
- Auto shut-off feature once the eggs are done.
- Easy to clean.
- All of its trays are detachable and dishwasher-safe.
- It has a boil-dry protection feature.
- The lid doesn’t have a locking feature.
The VonShef egg cooker is one of the best contenders in terms of durability, as it has proven to be reliable and durable. This multi-purpose egg cooker can also boil soft, medium or hard-boiled eggs, prepare poached eggs or omelettes. You might also appreciate the quick cooking time if you run on a tight schedule.
This is another cooker that comes with a measuring cup/piercer tool. Other great features include auto shut-off safety, easy operation, easy cleaning, and a lovely compact design.
- Overheating protection feature.
- Very compact.
- It has ergonomic air vents that promote a safe steam exit.
- Doesn’t have a transparent lid, so you can’t watch the eggs while boiling.
Similarly to the previous model, this egg cooker uses a stainless steel coated lid to lock in all the nutrients of your eggs. The unit is small enough for apartments, looks good and can accommodate up to 7 eggs. If you prefer poached eggs, the cooker can serve you 3 eggs instead.
Whether you like your eggs hard-boiled, soft-boiled or somewhere in between, you’ll achieve it with this cooker. Whichever you prefer, the egg cooker also cuts back on the time you spend making breakfast. All you need to do is to choose the cooking method, add the eggs, and wait for the buzzer to sound.
- Safety automatic shut-off feature.
- All its accessories are dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
- Includes a measuring cup, poacher and eggs tray.
- Firm stainless steel lid.
- The measuring marks are rather hard to see.
- Its poaching tray doesn’t have a non-stick coating.
If you want to get an egg cooker that is endorsed by nutritionists worldwide, then Nutri Q’s model may be the best match for you. The stainless steel egg cooker can boil up to seven eggs at once, whether they’re soft boiled, medium boiled or hard-boiled. The fantastic unit can also make delicious poached eggs but whatever you choose to cook, your eggs will be on the table for 6-12 minutes.
The cooker is also simple to use, comes with all the accessories you need and even make allowance for mini omelettes, scrambled eggs and vegetable dumplings. After the machine is done cooking, an indicator light will let you know that your eggs are ready.
- Non-slip rubber feet.
- Automatic shut-off function.
- Doesn’t require any oils or fat to cook the eggs.
- Easy to use.
- Prone to overheating.
- Doesn’t ring an alarm when done.
This egg cooker is great for a bigger family or when you need to prepare eggs for a gathering. It can boil seven eggs at a time, ranging from hard-boiled to soft-boiled. If you want more variation with your cuisine, you can also use the cooker’s trays to prepare poached eggs or omelettes.
As soon as you turn on the compact device, its handy LED indicator will light up so you can begin filling the eggs cooker’s base. After you choose the cooking method, add the eggs and wait for them to cook. The device will automatically turn off to prevent overheating.
- Heat-resistant rear handles.
- Boil-dry protection feature.
- Ergonomically designed steam vents.
- Compact-sized, which is ideal for storage.
- Doesn’t chime when the eggs are ready.
- Its stainless steel coating is prone to stains.
Your Egg Boiler Buying Guide
An egg boiler can save you time and remove the guesswork when you try to make a medium or softboiled egg. Our guide will give you all the essential tips to keep in mind to buy the perfect cooker for your home.
How many do you need? Most egg cookers offer space for 6 eggs but other boilers can accommodate as many as 12.
Standard egg cookers operate with a capacity of 360 W which is just enough to boil, poach or make omelettes at a rate of 5-15 minutes. Any cooker that’s lower than 300 W is simply insufficient and can result in longer cooking times and unsatisfactory results.
You may have set out to buy an egg boiler for the sole purpose of boiling eggs, but you should know that there is a variability that you can take advantage of from even the most uncomplicated products online.
A suitable boiler simply boils eggs, but the best one can also poach eggs, make omelettes, cook scrambled eggs and even steam vegetables. These eggs cookers come packaged with different trays and bowls that are used for other eggs recipes.
- Ergonomic Steam Outlets – An egg boiler operates by generating steam that is measured at 100°C, so it can be incredibly dangerous when coming into contact with it. Most eggs cookers have a steam outlet that is integrated on the lid, but positioning matters. Always go for eggs cookers that steam upwards, so you can safely operate the unit without the risk of hazards.
- Auto Shut-Off – When the eggs boiler has finished its operation, it will either set off an audible alarm to notify its user that the eggs are ready, or it will merely blink or turn its indicator light off. Simpler models don’t have this feature, which results in inconvenience, overcooked eggs and even burnt ones.
- Boil-Dry Protection – How many times have you started a device without filling it with water first? If your answer is too many, then you might want to get an eggs cooker that uses boil-dry protection. This way, the machine will know when it’s not adequately fed and will automatically turn off, preventing potential accidents.
- Heat-Resistant Coating – After your eggs are done cooking, you can suffer the risk of burning yourself on the cooker’s handles or internal tray, since its heat is pretty much overwhelming. That’s why it is essential to look for devices that are coated with heat-resistant materials, especially on the lid and handles.
Q: What is the best egg cooker on the market?
A: The best egg cooker on the market is any quality boiler that can skillfully make boiled or poached eggs, omelettes, scrambled eggs and even dumplings. It should also be easy to use and provide all the required accessories for preparing eggs.
Q: Are egg boilers worth it?
A: Yes. They reduce preparation time and take the guesswork out of making soft, medium or hardboiled eggs.
Q: Are egg boilers safe?
A: Only the cookers with safety features are safe. These designs include ergonomic steam outlets, auto shut-off features, boil-dry protection and heat-resistant lid and/or handles.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In