Last Updated on May 7, 2021
Boiled eggs are a great breakfast course because they’re easy to make, cheap to buy and simple to prepare. Besides all the arrangement benefits, eggs are also high on protein and other nutritional values, promoting a healthier lifestyle on top of a hassle-free one. Considering how boiling them on a pot takes ages, and we’re all too busy to wait, investing in an egg boiler machine is the right thing to do. Plus, the best egg boilers will also steam, poach and even make omelettes so that you will have an egg-squisite meal every time.
Special Feature: Warming Function.
Functions: Boiler, Poacher and Omelette Maker.
Special Feature: Auto Shut-Off Feature.
Functions: Boiler and Omelette Maker.
Special Feature: Steaming Foods.
Functions: Boiler, Poacher and Omelette Maker.
Special Feature: Recipe Book.
Discover The Best Egg Boilers Reviewed In 2021
The best egg boiler of 2021 is Arendo’s electric cooker that has six stainless steel sockets for boiled eggs. The rectangular egg boiler takes up a height of 13.5 cm, a width of 22 cm and a depth of 12 cm, so it will effortlessly fit into any kitchen while not taking up much space. Whether you like your eggs soft, medium or hard-boiled, the manual adjustment cooker will provide with excellent results.
The Arendo egg cooker is built with a protection class 1, which ensures that the unit will not overheat or cause any fire hazards. The egg boiler’s high-grade stainless steel layout is also easy to clean because it hosts a steam outlet lid that’s dishwasher safe. To make handling easier, Arendo has also included a measuring cup and an egg piercer free of charge. And once the machine is done with the cooking, it will emit a robust acoustic alarm indicating that your nutritious meal is ready to go.
- It has a warming function.
- It is 70% more energy-efficient than its competitors.
- It is made of BPA free materials.
- It has a straightforward operation supported by its flip-switch.
- It has an inclusive cable rewind that prevents clutter.
- Its removable egg-tray is somewhat hard to clean.
- Some customers reported that its buzzer didn’t work.
Tower provides us with the second-best egg cooker, mainly because it serves as a multi-purpose unit at a very reasonable price. The round egg boiler employs dimensions of 24.5 cm (height), 20.5 cm (width) and 19 cm (depth), which are just enough to boil seven eggs, poach another four or perfectly cook two omelettes in a matter of minutes. This is made possible thanks to the provided versatile accessories that include a measuring cup, egg piercer base as well as poaching and omelette trays.
The Tower egg cooker operates with an intelligent steaming system that disperses the heat throughout the machine. By using the covered measuring cup, you can adjust the amount of water required to make soft, medium or hard-boiled eggs.
The egg boiler also consists of a thermal sensor that detects when your eggs are ready to be served and notifies you by the indicator light and smart ‘beep’. And if you’re among us careless folk, you can unwind knowing that Tower’s auto shut-off feature will turn the unit off as soon as the right amount of water is used.
- It’s the best multi-purpose egg boiler on the market.
- It has an effortless one-click operation.
- It has a boil-dry protection feature.
- It is very easy to clean.
- It is compact-sized and very lightweight.
- It’s not very durable.
This egg boiler and omelette maker duo comes to us by Geepas, and we love its practicality. Promising to keep all the nutrients locked in, the compact egg cooker will produce seven delicious boiled eggs at a record cooking time. The 360 W egg cooker measures at 16 cm, 16 cm and 16.5 cm, so it will seamlessly get to your kitchen and take up as little space as possible.
By using the included measuring cup, you fill the instructed amount of water and let the Geepas unit provide with hard, medium or soft-boiled eggs to your demand. Besides boiling eggs to absolute perfection, this range of egg cookers can also make omelettes and steam other foods as well. These fantastic egg cookers are also manufactured with a durable plastic case that’s lined with a stainless steel finish, so you should get used to the idea of not having to worry about breakfast anymore.
- Good value for money.
- It comes with a two-year warranty by Geepas.
- It has an overheating-prevention and a boil-dry protection feature.
- It has an easy one-buttoned function.
- It has an automatic shut-off feature that activates upon completion.
- Its interior is somewhat hard to clean.
- Some customers experienced water leakage after a year of use.
Lakeland’s range of electric egg cookers is designed with a more sophisticated layout that doesn’t interfere with the device’s ease of use. The egg boiler is manufactured with 16 cm, 16 cm and 19 cm dimensions, which makes it a compact addition in any kitchen. However, its compact size shouldn’t confuse you since the egg boiler can effortlessly make boiled or poached eggs, succulent omelettes, delicious scrambled eggs, and other steamed foods, as long as they fit inside its compartment.
The best thing about Lakeland’s egg cooker is that it always uses the right amount of water to provide with soft, medium or hard-boiled eggs. The electric egg boiler is designed with a centre compartment for boiled eggs, another platter for poached eggs and the third tray for omelettes. All three dishes are dishwasher-safe, so you can rest assured that cleaning the egg cooker will be just as easy as using it.
- It has six slots for boiled eggs.
- It comes with a recipe book for all egg cooking types.
- It comes with a three-year warranty by Lakeland.
- It has a manual timer for boiled eggs.
- It is very easy to maintain.
- It doesn’t have a signalling sound for when boiling is finished.
- It doesn’t have an automatic turn-off feature.
If all the previous models are insufficient for your large family, this ten-slot egg cooker by Simpletaste might be the best choice for you. The elegant white boiler employs dimensions of 16.5 cm on either side while being designed with a two-tiered layout for more convenient support. This versatile kitchen gadget can make flavourful boiled and poached eggs, delicious omelettes, tasty scrambled eggs and even succulent steamed vegetables.
If you find hard-boiled eggs and soft boiled ones too limiting, you can use the cooker’s two medium modes (-, +) that are guaranteed to satisfy the pickiest mouths. To prevent the eggs from overcooking, Simpletaste has integrated a lot of handy features that are not only practical but maintain the user’s safety too. Whether you take advantage of the egg cooker’s LED indicator, its audio signal or standby feature, you will surely enjoy a deliciously cooked hot plate of vitamins each following morning.
- It comes with a two-year warranty by Simpletaste.
- It has a stainless steel heating plate that promotes a fast heat-up time.
- Its measuring cup is designed with a sharp pin for cracking the shells.
- Its power cord conveniently wraps for a clutter-free kitchen.
- All its removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Its steaming hole is poorly positioned on its lid.
- Its instruction leaflet is somewhat hard to understand.
Staying true to its legacy, Neo’s three in one egg cooker is everything one could hope for – and more! The upgraded stainless steel model is ideal for larger families as it can boil seven eggs at a time. Neo has integrated a piercer and a measuring cup into one handy tool, so you can have a hassle-free boil as soon as you get the device. The electric egg cooker also includes a redesigned poaching tray that can cook two poached eggs, and a single omelette dish that will leave you craving more after each bite.
This range of egg cookers has a straightforward operation that can provide with hard (12 minutes), medium (10 minutes) and soft-boiled eggs (8 minutes) depending on how you prefer the taste. All that’s required of you is filling the right amount of water, placing the eggs on the tray and letting the Neo cooker to do the rest. As soon as your eggs are ready, the egg cooker will buzz and automatically turn off the power, preventing the eggs from overcooking and reducing energy waste.
- Good value for money.
- It is the no.1 best-seller on Amazon’s list for egg boilers.
- It has a brushed stainless steel plate that’s easy to clean.
- All of its trays are detachable and dishwasher-safe.
- It has a boil-dry protection feature.
- Its lid doesn’t have a locking feature.
- Even though it turns off when the eggs are boiled, it will automatically turn on again once the unit has cooled off.
The VonShef egg cooker is one of the best contenders in terms of durability, as it has proven to be reliable even when it has suffered the trials of time. The multi-purpose egg cooker can boil soft, medium or hard-boiled eggs depending on the water intake you provide. You can also use the handy kitchen tool to make poached eggs or omelettes at an ideal cooking time that fits into your tight schedule.
As with the best egg cookers, the VonShef measuring cup includes a piercer that gives the eggs a more consistent boil. As soon as your eggs are ready, the electric egg boiler will automatically shut off as to prevent overcooking. Thanks to its integrated stainless steel plate, the egg cooker promotes a faster heat-up time and an easy cleaning procedure afterwards. And for those who want to get a fanciful experience with their poached eggs, the included egg bowl will let you properly enjoy the sunny side up.
- It comes with a two-year warranty by VonShef.
- It has an overheating protection feature.
- It measures 16 cm, 17 cm and 16 cm; so it’s very compact.
- It has ergonomic air vents that promote a safe steam exit.
- It doesn’t have a transparent lid, so you can’t watch the eggs while boiling.
- Its interior surface is susceptible to staining.
Similarly to the previous model, this range of egg cookers by Swan uses a stainless steel coated lid that locks all the nutrients of your eggs in place. The kitchen unit measures at 17.5 cm, 20 cm and 20 cm, which is relatively larger than the previously showcased series. Thanks to that, you can either make seven boiled eggs or three poached ones, while not having to restrict yourself on small eggs that fit the cooker.
Whether you like your eggs hard-boiled, soft-boiled or somewhere in between, Swan will use all its delicacies to provide with delicious results. Moreover, the egg cooker also cuts back on time and effort needed to operate the device since all that’s required of you is to choose the cooking method and get the eggs in. As soon as your eggs are ready, the Swan device will notify you with a buzz so you can get to tasting the delicious masterpiece that you have just created!
- It is Amazon’s Choice for the best egg cookers.
- It has a safety automatic shut-off feature.
- All its accessories are dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
- It includes a measuring cup, poacher and eggs tray.
- It’s made of a firm stainless steel lid.
- Its measuring marks are rather hard to see.
- Its poaching tray doesn’t have a non-stick coating.
If you want to get an egg cooker that is endorsed by nutritionists worldwide, then Nutri Q’s model may be the best match for you. The stainless steel egg cooker can boil up to seven eggs at once, whether they’re soft boiled, medium boiled or hard-boiled. The fantastic unit can also make delicious poached eggs that are prepared in the provided bowl. Whatever you choose to cook, your eggs will be on the table for 6-12 minutes, depending on your preference.
What’s more important, the Nutri-Q egg cooker will guide you throughout the entire cooking process, starting from the water fill and ending at the eggs serving. The included measuring jug will accurately determine the amount of water intake required for boiled or poached eggs, mini omelettes, scrambled eggs or even vegetable dumplings. After the machine is done with the cooking, it will alarm you with an indicator light that your eggs are ready.
- Good value for money.
- It has non-slip rubber feet that ensure a stable cook.
- It has an automatic shut-off function.
- It doesn’t require any oils or fat to cook the eggs.
- It comes with very straightforward instructions.
- It is not very sturdy.
- It is prone to overheating.
- It doesn’t ring an alarm when done.
This list wouldn’t be complete without including Daewoo and its excellent 360 W egg cooker. Whether you want to get together with your friends or enjoy a snack in with your family, the Daewoo egg cooker will boil seven eggs at a time, ranging from hard-boiled to soft-boiled. If you want more variation with your cuisine, you can also use the cooker’s trays to prepare poached eggs or omelettes.
Finding a space for the cooker won’t be a problem either, since it only measures 14.5 cm, 14.5 cm and 15 cm. The practicality of the cooker further enriches the compact and stylish layout. As soon as you turn on the device, its handy LED indicator will light up so you can begin filling the eggs cooker’s base. After you choose the cooking method, add the eggs and wait for them to cook, the device will automatically turn off and let you enjoy the deliciousness you have prepared.
- It has heat-resistant rear handles.
- It has a boil-dry protection feature.
- It has ergonomically designed steam vents.
- It’s very compact-sized, which is ideal for storage.
- It doesn’t have an audio signal for when the eggs are ready.
- Its stainless steel coating is prone to stains.
- It’s rather hard to clean.
Egg Boiler Buying Guide
Eggs make up for an incredible meal because they’re quick, efficient, nutritious and can be cooked into several ways. However, standing over a pot for extended periods or struggling to remove poached eggs from pans without piercing the yolk is annoying and not worth the while. Luckily for us, the 21st century has gifted us with fantastic, affordable and efficient machines that do all the work, leaving us to enjoy the outcome. But what should you look for when aiming to buy the best eggs cooker, and what should you avoid? Read below to find out.
If you regularly cook eggs, then you’re certainly going to enjoy the convenience of having a designated cooker doing that for you. This is most favourable if you frequently entertain guests or have a large family that can’t get enough of eggs in the morning, lunch, dinner or anytime in between.
Most egg cookers have a standard of supporting about six eggs within a cooking session, but this number can go up as much as twelve. Two-tiered devices are ideal for larger families, offices or even pubs because they promote a consistent heat distribution that cooks all eggs the same.
All electrical appliances require a particular amount of energy to operate, and this is usually translated into Watts. The more energy a tool spends, the more power it emits – resulting in faster, more efficient and more reliable functions. Standard egg cookers operate with a capacity of 360 W which is just enough to boil, poach or make omelettes at a rate of 5-15 minutes. Anything lower than 300 W is simply insufficient and will most likely result in longer cooking times, inefficient spending and unsatisfactory results.
You may have set out to buy an egg boiler for the sole purpose of boiling eggs, but you should know that there is a variability that you can take advantage of from even the most uncomplicated products online.
A suitable boiler simply boils eggs, but the best one can also poach eggs, make omelettes, cook scrambled eggs and even steam vegetables. These eggs cookers come packaged with different trays and bowls that are used for other eggs recipes.
However, more trays also mean more cleaning time, so make sure to aim for dishwasher-safe parts.
- Ergonomic Steam Outlets – An egg boiler operates by generating steam that is measured at 100°C, so it can be incredibly dangerous when coming into contact with it. Most eggs cookers have a steam outlet that is integrated on the lid, but positioning matters. You don’t want a device that steams horizontally or diagonally from the cap, as you can quickly burn yourself while maintaining kitchen work. Always go for eggs cookers that steam upwards, so you can safely operate the unit without the risk of hazards.
- Auto Shut-Off – When the eggs boiler has finished its operation, it will either set off an audible alarm to notify its user that the eggs are ready, or it will merely blink or turn its indicator light off. For most devices, the auto shut-off feature will turn off the machine and keep the eggs warm for when you open the lid and take them out. Simpler models don’t have this feature, which results in inconvenience, overcooked eggs and even burnt ones.
- Boil-Dry Protection – How many times have you started a device without filling it with water first? If your answer is too many, then you might want to get an eggs cooker that uses boil-dry protection. This way, the machine will know when it’s not adequately fed and will automatically turn off, preventing potential accidents.
- Heat-Resistant Coating – After your eggs are done cooking, you can suffer the risk of burning yourself on the cooker’s handles or internal tray, since its heat is pretty much overwhelming. That’s why it is essential to look for devices that are coated with heat-resistant materials, especially on the lid and handles.
Q: What is the best egg cooker on the market?
A: The best egg cooker on the market is Arendo’s 303099 model that can skillfully make boiled or poached eggs, omelettes, scrambled eggs and even dumplings. The egg cooker is relatively easy to use and comes with all the required accessories for preparing wondrous eggs.
Q: Are egg boilers worth it?
A: The short answer is yes. The long answer, yes – an egg boiler is definitely worth it. Thanks to this incredibly handy tool, you won’t have to stand by the eggs as they cook or risk overcooking them as you take them out of the pot one by one. With an egg boiler, everything is digitalized, and you can more or less never go wrong. Besides, the average price of a good egg boiler is just about £15, which is more than reasonable for the fantastic advantages it entails.
Q: Are egg boilers safe?
A: The safety of an egg boiler mainly depends on its manufacturer’s design. There are a few indicators that ensure a safe egg boiler, and they include ergonomic steam outlets, auto shut-off features, boil-dry protection and heat-resistant lid and/or handles.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In