Last Updated on September 25, 2021
Getting together with the family to watch the newest titles on Netflix has become an experience that we indeed take for granted. Luckily for us, HDMI cables have made us accustomed to crystal clear images and exceptional sound quality. Whether you want to expand your HDMI input ports or turn your remote TV into a new one, this HDMI switch review has got your back. Without further ado, read below and find the best HDMI switcher for 2021, so you can marvel away at the genuine beauty of television.
The Best HDMI Switches Reviewed In 2021
We picked this compact switch as the best box on our list. You can expect great features and instant better viewing.
It offers five different 2.0 ports that can be connected with one output for the display. The device supports 4K pictures in most devices with a standard HD interface, including computers, Bluray players, DVD players, AV receivers and game consoles. Being easy to use, it allows you to shift to the source device you want without having to unplug the HDMI cables.
The HDMI switcher box is Plug and Play, so it requires no external driver for it to be set up. All you need to do is to attach the mains plug into the box, plug into the mains, and connect the different HDMI devices into the box. You can also automatically switch into the device you want or use the remote to perform the switch manually.
- Sturdy aluminium alloy configuration promotes a quick heat dissipation and superior longevity.
- Comes with a remote.
- 1-metre standard 2.0 HDMI cable.
- Great compatibility with common household devices.
- Its automatic port HDMI switcher may turn off unexpectedly, in which case you will need to turn the feature on manually.
If you love remotes and hate getting up to change settings, then this could be the best switch for you. It makes manual HDMI switching a thing of the past. Using an infrared wireless remote control, you can now change the signals on each of the four inputs freely at a distance.
The best 4-port HDMI switchers from Zacro are also powered through a 5V micro USD power adapter, making the device both functional and energy-efficient. You can look forward to an incredible watching experience thanks to its 18 Gbps high-bandwidth data transmission.
- Supports all HDMI standard signal sources (both input and output).
- You can switch the signals by remote control or by using the OneTouch key on the equipment.
- Compliant with HDCP 2.2 protocol, HDR, ultra-high-definition and 3D.
- Easy to use.
- It doesn’t have a provided HDMI cable.
Looking for a switch that can serve several different devices? Here’s why this could be your dream switch. Giving you the opportunity to host five different devices, the switch is ideal for those who want to get rid of the inconveniences of switching to a different HDMI port with each TV session.
The handy remote control allows you to operate the HDMI switch at a distance of 5-7 metres, so you can always enjoy the comfort of the sofa. The unit can also automatically switch to the latest plugged-in devices.
The splitter also supports 4K and promotes a steady watching experience that doesn’t flicker or degrade the picture quality at any point. By automatically reducing the LED levels, the best HDMI switch also gives you a more comfortable viewing effect and lower power consumption that circles just 0.03 A.
- Its aluminium alloy shell promotes excellent heat dissipation, making the device secure and durable.
- LED light instantly reduces the brightness levels after no operation, making it more adaptable to your eyes.
- High-speed switching allows you to switch between channels in less than two seconds.
- A standard 7-metre cable will reduce its 4K quality, so you need to get a shorter (4-metre) one.
This versatile switch connects two HDMI sources to a single display – or even two HDMI display units to an HDMI source. Whichever one you choose, the installation is as simple as plug and play.
You can expect high resolution and support for multiple audio formats. Its 3.4Gbps data transmission also ensures smooth switching and no delays. At the end of the day, it is compatible with nearly all devices fitted with an HDMI port.
- Plug and play.
- Smooth switching.
- High resolution.
- Supports all devices with HDMI ports.
- Supports 4K.
- Some HDMI connectors are too big, allowing only one port on this switch to be usable at a time.
Here’s another dependable choice if you are hunting for an HDMI switch that is both practical and functional. As with the best bidirectional devices, you can use this HDMI switch as two inputs and one output or the other way around.
You can operate the device by simply pressing the button on the centre of the HDMI switch, toggling one of the two inputs. The built-in blue light indicators will tell you which one device is on. Thanks to its universal compatibility, the HDMI switch works perfectly with all devices fitted with a standard HDMI interface.
- Built with durable aluminium alloy materials.
- Compatible with computers, Xbox, PlayStation and Blu-ray or DVD players.
- Gold plated HDMI inputs lock the cable in place, preventing reduction in picture quality.
- Doesn’t support two devices to display the same thing simultaneously.
- For providing a 4K quality, you will need to purchase a 2.0 HDMI cable, as opposed to the standard 1.4 one.
Looking for three different inputs for all your HDMI devices? Then this could be your best pick. But let’s look at its top features to find out if this is the most suitable switch for your home.
As one of the best HDMI switches available, it supplies a 24K gold plated connector that resists corrosion, reduces tarnishing and increases transmission performance. The switch is compact and energy-efficient as well.
The device is also fully compatible with HDTV deep colour, 1080P resolution and 3D video. It supports various audio formats as well. Indeed, due to its high-quality built and integrated mechanisms, you will experience no distortion of audio or video and no lag in signal transmission.
- Draws power from the connected devices, so it’s very energy efficient.
- It has an integrated auto-switch feature that toggles the most recent powered-on device.
- Designed with three LED indicators that will let you know which one of the input ports is being used.
- No remote control.
Another fantastic product, this upgraded model has three ports that support crystal-clear video and audio qualities. The device also supports several formats such as 4K, Ultra HD, 1080P, 720P and 480P; followed by all variations of Dolby Vision audio too.
You don’t need a separate power supply as the switch is powered through your TV and other devices it is connected with. Other great features include a key-press-switching function that allows you to shift between the inputs and a blinking LED light that indicates which port is active.
- Great resolution and sound.
- Easy to install and use.
- 24K gold-plated connectors that are corrosion resistant and provides a superior signal.
- Some devices with insufficient power levels won’t allow the switch to function with the best quality.
If you prefer a more modern approach to your HDMI switch, then this 3-port device has got your back. The unit supports three different inputs for devices such as computers, game consoles or DVD players. The HDMI switch is very easy to use and comes with a remote control.
All the ports use a data rate of up to 10.2 Gbps, so you can expect Ultra Full HD resolution at all times. You also get fantastic sound. The switch is suitable with LPCM, DTS Digital (and HD), Dolby Digital, Dolby True-HD and HDCP.
- Remote control
- Auto-switch feature.
- It has a LED indicator for the ports in use and a switch button.
- Compatible with 4K, 1080P and 3D display.
- Without a suitable HDMI cable, the device tends to freeze on 4K resolution.
This is another great bidirectional switch. You can use it to either connect two HDMI sources to one display or the other way around. It also supports high definition visuals including Blu-Ray and Ultra High Definition.
One noteworthy trademark of this switch is its ability to provide stable transmission. With a high bandwidth of 3.4 Gbps data transmission, there is no lag, flashing or reduced audio and visual quality.
- Plug and play.
- High visual and audio quality.
- Supports all devices with an HDMI port.
- No cables included.
Nobody likes a clunky appliance or device. If you are pressed for space or just love a neat look, then this switch won’t disappoint. Not only is the switch small but it also looks very stylish, so you might not even mind if it peaks out behind its hiding place!
The 4K switch supports high-resolution sound and video, providing top-notch viewing at all times. It’s also bi-directional, provides bandwidth up to 18Gbps, and is an excellent booster for more fluid gaming.
- Stylish and compact.
- Bi-directional splitter.
- Easy to set up.
- Perfect for better gaming.
- Not suitable if you want more than 2 ports.
Your HDMI Switch Buying Guide
As with any electronics, the most important features to check before buying include durability and reliability. But besides these two pillars of quality, here are other things to consider to find the best HDMI switch for your needs.
Different switches use a different number of input ports. The number you choose ultimately comes down to the number of devices you plan to ‘switch’ within the same TV or monitor. However, more ports don’t always mean a better experience, as they can be reduced in quality and require more power to run efficiently.
A high-quality TV is only as good as its matching HDMI switcher. Make sure that your components, including the switch and cables, are compatible and suitable for transmitting the signals efficiently.
This feature is less critical to TV watchers but almost indispensable to gamers. The term refers to the number of times a screen will refresh in a minute. We measure this rate in hertz, and its most common distinction includes the 30 and 60 Hz, with a 60 Hz unit promoting a better watching experience.
Q: Does HDMI Switch reduce quality?
A: Typically, an HDMI switch doesn’t reduce quality. All it does is transmit the material from the main ports into the output ones. However, if you use an HDMI cable that is below the quality standard of the unit, then you might experience a reduction of quality.
Q: Do I need a 4K HDMI switch?
A: If you have a TV that supports an Ultra HD or 4K quality, then it’s essential to get a compatible switcher. If you get a standard one, the unit will compress the picture or ruin its quality, resulting in an overall lousy watching experience.
Q: What is the HDMI switch used for?
A: We use an HDMI switch for linking several input sources into one output display unit that is usually a monitor or a TV. HDMI switches are perfect for getting rid of the hassles that come with plugging and unplugging different devices from the same TV and simplifying the switch between them.
Q: Do HDMI switches cause lag?
A: As long as you get an excellent switcher that has an actively functioning circuit, you won’t experience lag. However, note that external factors like the compatibility of the devices or inputs quality can also cause lag.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In