Last Updated on September 1, 2021
Love the magic of hobs and ovens? Then a hob to oven pan is a must. If you are interested in upgrading your kitchen with these useful utensils, our guide can suggest the best choices for you!
The Best Hob To Oven Pans Reviewed In 2021
This pan, which can also be considered a shallow casserole dish, won the top spot on this list. It is forged from hard anodised technology and has a diameter of 30 cm. Since it’s twice as strong as stainless steel, you can cook your favourite meals in this pan for years!
The long-lasting dish promotes the even and efficient distribution of heat as well. Thanks to its non-stick coating, you can use little to no oil to cook your next masterpiece.
The oven-safe dish is compatible with all hob types. It is also dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to do all the scrubbing! Finally, its PFOA-free construction has a lifetime guarantee.
- Heats quickly and evenly.
- Lead-free and cadmium-free.
- Comes with a soft-grip handle.
- The glass lid locks in nutrients and flavour and allows you to see your cooking.
- The handles might get hot when used too long.
- The glass lid rim is prone to grease build-up.
This exquisite frying pan has a non-stick coating that’s to die for. Reinforced by titanium particles, the non-stick surface will last 24 times longer than the inside of a regular iron pan. Indeed, this pan’s coating is said to be ultra-resistant to scratches for life – and that’s why we think it’s the best frying pan for your hob-to-oven recipes.
If you are a serious fry cook, you can get the all-in-one pan set that includes a vented glass lid, and stainless-steel steamer and skimmer. But you can also use it for other types of cooking. It’s convenient as a pan, a pot, a wok, a rice cooker or a baking and roasting dish.
The pan is compatible with induction hobs, gas hobs, and dishwashers.
- Sustains heat up to 250°C.
- Great base, spreads heat evenly on all types of cookers.
- The visible Thermo-Spot indicator serves a pre-heating function.
- Its non-stick coating is metal utensil-friendly, so you won’t have to worry about scratching.
- Comfortable and safe handles.
- It comes without a lid (unless you purchase the whole set).
- The bowed base makes content moved to the sides rather than the centre.
There are plenty of reasons why this deceptively bland-looking pot won as our best casserole pick.
Carefully crafted from cast iron, the durability and heat properties already make it a welcome addition to any kitchen. But the 4.2-litre capacity, specifically, makes the pot is ideal for high-temperature searing or slow homestyle cooking. Its compact base is also compatible with all hob types while the self-basting lid seals in all the nutrients and taste.
You will use this pot for decades – a perk that comes with cast iron pots. But besides outliving the parrot, its design also ensures that the pot will never damage your worktops.
- Can survive heat up to 230°C.
- Beautiful black matte design.
- Can be used as a Dutch oven to make bread.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Doesn’t have a non-stick surface.
Did you love the previous dish but it’s a bit too large? No, problem chef-person. We also picked this wonderful smaller-capacity pot that comes with nearly al of the same benefits.
The capacity is 2.5 litres which is perfect for couples and medium families. You can expect a non-stick surface, aluminium cast material, even heat distribution and lighter weight. The oven-safe dish has a stainless steel base which is suitable for all hobs and stovetops.
The lid is also designed to keep moisture in the pan, providing rich stews and extra-moist, slow-cooked meals. Best of all, you will get a 25-year warranty.
- Dishwasher safe.
- 20 cm opening.
- The lightweight build makes handling easy.
- Oven-safe up to 200°C temperature.
- The handles get too hot in the oven.
You probably remember this tough oldie from your grandma’s stews. Indeed, this traditional design has been around for a long time. This modern take brings you all the quality of the past with the best materials and colours of today.
You can use the sturdy handles to place it on any heating source like hobs and spiral plates. It can be used like a Dutch oven, stew pot, pan, and to prepare your Sunday lunch.
The sleek design includes a tight-fitting lid, different colours and 3 sizes. The capacities include 5.2-litre, 3.4-litre and 2.7-litre pots.
- A ten-year warranty.
- Can maintain a 240°C oven temperature, and a gas mark 9.
- Great heat distribution.
- Not dishwasher safe.
This 3.4-litre casserole pan is ideal for larger households. It can hold a large amount of liquid or food while its short handles ensure that the frying pan can fit into most oven types. And thanks to its dishwasher safe materials, you can easily clean the pot.
Forged from a 3.8 mm aluminium, the body is sturdy yet lightweight. The non-stick coating is also PFOA-free and reinforced with titanium bits, providing a safe cooking surface for the best dishes with little to no fat. The close-fitting sturdy glass lid lets you seal the heat, juices, flavours and nutrients inside the non-stick pan while keeping a close eye on the food.
- Safe to use in temperatures up to 240°C.
- Ergonomic handles with a CoolTouch feature.
- Suitable for all oven and hob types.
- 25-year warranty.
- Metallic utensils might scratch it.
This one is for griddle fans – and you won’t be disappointment. It’s stuffed to the gills with special features and designs. Let’s dive in!
This griddle pan is suitable to be used on any type of hob, stove top, and inside the oven. It’s made from high quality die cast aluminium and coated with a non-stick surface. The pan is also 4.5 cm deep and have a diameter of 27 x 34 cm.
You can look forward to cooking healthy meals as the pan and coating are both PFOA, PFAS, lead and nickel free.
- Made from safe and durable materials.
- Suitable for all cookers and ovens.
- A good lid.
- Easy to handle.
- The pan can get very hot.
This six-layered stainless steel pan is perfect if you love drip-free cooking. Thanks to its tall shape and integrated pouring rim, you can indeed enjoy drip-free pouring. But what else can you look forward to?
Coming as a never-seen-before innovation, the pan includes an integrated thermo-gauge that indicates when the device has reached the optimal frying temperature to start cooking. The strong base is suitable for all cookers and ovens. The stainless steel body is also protected by a non-stick coating (that is scratch resistance) and it can handle temperatures up to 260°C.
- The stainless steel handle is ergonomic.
- Non-stick and non-scratch.
- Good heat distribution.
- Easy to clean.
- Some customers reported chipping after some use.
In case you’ve been looking for a good-quality set of pans rather than a single product then this could be the right choice for you.
Thanks to even heat distribution, the heavy-duty cast-iron pans improve your cooking and frying, even on grills, stoves or various hob types. The pre-seasoned non-stick pans promote a healthier lifestyle by requiring tiny amounts of fat to prepare delicious dishes.
Indeed, the non-stick pans can be used to sear, fry, sauté, grill, roast, bake, braise and also broil. The pans are fast, reliable, and durable.
- Chemical-free coating.
- Permanently non-stick.
- The pans sizes are 15, 20 and 25 cm.
- They’re incredibly versatile and can sustain temperatures up to 200°C.
- The pans must be hand-washed only.
- Lids are not included.
This popular saute pan is another great choice if you are looking for a versatile vessel that can cook on any type of hob and oven. Its eco-stone derived coating offers an incredible non-stick and scratch resistance. The multi-functional deep frying pan has a 4-litre capacity.
The bottom also works to spread heat fast and evenly. Lastly, the pan’s high-quality lid promotes a robust and shock-resistant experience while its integrated stainless steel handle is easy to grasp, anti-skid and oven-safe.
- PTFE, APEO and POFA free.
- The hook handles are ergonomic and heat-resistant.
- The base bulges significantly, which may be problematic for some recipes.
Your Buying Guide
A good hob to oven pan will last you a lifetime – but for the most satisfying results, you have to choose the right one. Here are the most important things to consider before you purchase.
- Compatible Base – The base must be made from ferromagnetic metals. The best are cast iron and stainless steel.
- Heat Distribution – The pan must be capable of even heat distribution.
- Non-Stick and Non-Scratch – A pan with these qualities will produce perfect meals and drastically cut down on cleaning afterwards.
- Temperature sustainability – Purchase a pan that can handle temperatures that you like to cook with. The uppermost temperature limit will be available in the product description.
Q: What pans can go from stove to oven?
A: Most stainless-steel pans and some titanium-coated pans can smoothly go from stove to oven. Still, you should always read the manufacturer’s specifications and check to see if their product is suitable for both appliances.
Q: Can you put an oven dish on the hob?
A: As long as its base is finished with heat-sustaining materials then yes, you can. However, this is only applicable for pans that explicitly state that they’re compatible with different hob types. Regular casserole pots that are coated with an all-ceramic or enamel build are not suited to direct heat from the hob.
Q: What kind of pans do professional chefs use?
A: Chefs use non-stick items made with high-quality materials and designs. The vessels are normally cast-iron or hard anodised pots.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In