Last Updated on September 23, 2021
A multi-cooker is a crucial appliance to have in your kitchen since it allows you to stew, cook, grill, boil or fry with a mere touch of a button. Considering how our daily life dynamics are constantly shifting and people are seeking fast cooking as an alternative to the traditional steady preparations, it’s more than important to find the best means to satisfy those needs. If you’re conflicted or unsure about which product to buy, read below to find the best multi cookers (UK), so you can start pressure cooking that chicken right away!
Discover The Best Multi Cookers Reviewed In 2021
The best multi cooker of 2021 is the Ninja Foodi Electric model, that employs a brand new upgraded Tender Crisp technology that cooks and crisps food to brown excellence. Its pressure cooker feature will provide tender and moist meals at a speed rate of 70% quicker than usual cooking methods using a slow cooker. Moreover, you can give your delicious meals a golden finish by using the Air Crisp, Bake, Grill or Roast settings that the best multi cooker provides.
Additionally, you can even wholly cook frozen food, thanks to its defrosting feature that’ll get your frozen foods ready for preparation with any setting you choose. The superheated steam function in this stainless steel device is also incredibly easy to use and will ensure that your steak, roast chicken or chilli will be on your table in a matter of minutes. Furthermore, the adjustable high and low temperature settings will offer you more versatility, so all your cooking needs will be satisfied.
- The air fry feature in this pressure cooker promotes up to 75% less fat than conventional frying techniques
- It includes a large 6-litre cooking pot and a 3.6-litre cook and crisp basket.
- It is very easy to clean, due to the ergonomic opening and smart design.
- Thanks to its warm function, the Foodi multi cooker will keep your meal warm for up to 12 hours after initial cooking.
- The cooking appliance is relatively larger than the standard, so it might not fit well will smaller kitchens.
- The power cable is quite short and sensitive, so you need to place the machine near a strong power outlet.
Serving as one of the best electric pressure cookers on the market that prioritizes in practicality and functionality, this stainless steel Crock Pot multi cooker offers a mixture of features that are very easy to use.
Containing four different methods of cooking, this machine allows you to pressure cook, steam, slow cook and brown/sauté operating around 8 one-touch programmes that are shown in the display.
Its large 5.6-litre capacity is perfect for larger families and those who enjoy entertaining guests with delicious diverse meals. Another great feature that prompts you more control is the optional manual control function and delay timer hallmark that ensure the cooking time and process goes precisely how you want it to. Moreover, its keep warm function guarantees that your meals will stay hot until you’re ready to take them out.
- The non-stick removable bowl in this machine combats sticky food and ensures easy cleaning.
- The accessories included in this package contain a steaming rack, stirring spoon and a recipe book full so you can get inspired as soon as you take the cooker out of the box.
- The airtight lid in this pressure cooker stays completely sealed and locked under pressure to ensure maximum safety.
- The straightforward digital controls make cooking swift and simple.
- Some consumers have reported that the lid suffers some leakage while operating with high steam levels.
- The buttons in this machine are harder to press and the lid is rather heavy, so if you’re purchasing this multi cooker for the elderly or someone with mobility issues then you might want to rethink your decision.
Another brilliant machine labelled as the best multi cooker in terms of safety features and flexibility with programmes is the 20-in-1 line of pressure cookers electric by Drew & Cole. With a 6-litre cooking capacity, this handy multi cooker is a perfect choice for those who practice batch cooking several times a week. With a fast cooking function, this machine is able to cook for up to 95% faster than the regular cookware, all the while retaining more vitamins and nutrients from the meals cooked.
Furthermore, due to its 14 pre-set programmes, 20 functions and the 24-hour delay timer that this stainless steel machine applies, you’ll be able to perfectly cook your desired meals and keep them hot for as long as you like, thanks to its helpful keep warm function. The highest advantage that this line of multi cookers provides, lies on the patented safety design, that ensures the locking lid only opens once the pressure of the cooker is released with an audible alarm when the lid is not shut. This is a great feature for the more absent-minded folk who are not very cautious with their cookware.
- The 24-hour Delay Timer feature indicates that you can switch the multi-cooker on in the evening and your food will be ready to eat when you get home from work.
- The Fast Reheat mode heats up the already cooked food, so you won’t ever have to use a microwave again.
- Due to its ergonomic design, the inner pot is very easy to clean.
- The features are somewhat hard to understand since they’re grouped into categories (e.g. the fry option does the simmering as well).
- The rubber seal lining the lid tends to get worn out after time, so you might need to plan on purchasing a spare one.
Another fantastic multi cooker comes from Geepas, offering a large 6-litre capacity instant pot that’s suitable for plain cooking, roasting, steaming, grilling, [deep] frying, baking and slow cooking. The removable inner pot in this line of multi cookers is made of non-stick materials that ensure you can cook anything you want in while making it incredibly easy to clean. Along that line, it’s important to note that this multi cooker is also dishwasher safe, so you’ll have one less thing to worry about.
Moreover, the opening of this machine is made of solid glass lid that allows you to watch over your food while it cooks, so you can arrange the remaining duration however you please. The highest advantage of this machine lies in the fact that it is very easy to use and operate since it only equips two rotary knobs that control the cooker. Firstly, the temperature control can be set on a range from 80℃ – 240℃ depending on your cooking needs as presented in the display area, whereas the timer to control cooking time offers you the versatility of up to 2 hours.
- Geepas offers a two year warranty period.
- The multi cooker comes with extra accessories, including a steam rack and a frying basket, providing you with more cooking options.
- The machine (including the glass lid) is extremely durable, so it will be there for you in the long run.
- The machine gets hot very quickly, so you should be careful not to overcook (or burn) your meals.
- The multi cooker doesn’t come equipped with a recipe book, which is something several customers found aggravating.
If you’re someone who prefers a more modern approach to your cooking style, then this 14-in-1 digital multi cooker by Drew & Cole is the best choice for you. The control panel in this machine offers you 14 pre-set programmes to choose from, so you can please all your family’s cooking whims. Moreover, thanks to its manual control DIY function, you can customize your own cooking style by logging in the timing and temperature settings, as well as the cooking features that this multi-cooker provides.
Thanks to its ingenious flavour lock technology, this large charcoal 5 litres multi cooker will always deliver meals that are juicy and full of nutrients, so you never have to worry about dry food again. Furthermore, this device will come in handy if you like pre-setting the cooking options because the delay timer will give you up to 24 hours of leeway. Adorned with a dishwasher safe inner pot build, this multi cooker makes its way across the best machines that are as easy to clean as they are to operate.
- The versatile cooking options that can be moved around higher and lower temperature settings make this machine perfectly replace a slow cooker.
- The Intuitive Digital Menu in this charcoal machine has a Quick-Touch Control panel that can be learnt very quickly.
- Thanks to its large capacity, you can cook a full turkey, its dressings, additional vegetables and crispy potatoes – without using a single extra pan!
- The power inlet plug is very loose, which may cause your machine to tun off unexpectedly if not fitted properly.
- Some consumers reported that the pot placement alert malfunctioned over time, causing the machine to think that the inner pot is not inserted properly.
Deliciously large, nutritious meals have never been closer than with this excellent electric pressure multi cooker by Tefal. Containing a large cooking capacity of 6 litres, this stainless steel machine brings back convenient pressure cooking in 25 different programmes to choose from. Thanks to its manual mode, the cooking time and temperatures can also be adjusted so you won’t have to worry about having your bread burnt in the instant pot.
The slow cooking feature offers up to 9 hours of heating, so you can easily get on with your day as the pressure cooker does its job. Moreover, the hinged lid and the dishwasher safe bowl are carefully designed to promote ease of use and clean for all of those who are easily annoyed by complicated kitchen appliances. Operating a fantastic 24-hour delay timer and a keep warm function, this pressure cooker will further ensure that you can start the cooking early in the morning and have a hot meal waiting for you at the end of the day.
- The pressure cooking mode contains three temperature levels (low, medium, high), so you won’t have to worry about not matching up your meal’s requirements.
- The multi-cooker also possesses a specific cooking time for rice, baby food, porridge or soup and stew.
- Thanks to its hinged ergonomic lid, you can add ingredients easily or serve the food without setting the lid down and dirtying your cabinets.
- The cooking pot comes with a recipe book containing recipes for each programme.
- The lid also has a downside, since the condensed water inside the instant pot will accumulate and eventually leak out of the opening.
- The control panel in this cooking pot is rather procedural, which can be complicated for some customers.
- Some consumers reported that the DIY mode doesn’t go low enough to raise the dough, which may be a deal-breaker for those who want to bake bread frequently.
The James Martin line of multi cookers has been skillfully designed to provide a large range of mouth-watering courses with the utmost ease. This pressure cooker has a large family sized 4 litres capacity, equipped with an easy-clean inner bowl and dishwasher safe internal parts. Styled with a classical design, this elegant stainless steel will look beautiful in your kitchen, all the while reducing the number of kitchenwares on the cabinets.
The simple Wahl instant pot contains 6 different functions for steaming, sautéing, stewing, cooking brown and white rice and for desserts. The LED smart control and the 24-hour delay timer make this pressure cooker one of the best kitchen appliances that operate with easy to use programmes and features. Moreover, the adjustable cooking time function will give you more options to fully master all the James Martin recipes that come with the booklet.
- Apart from the pressure cooker and the inner pot, the packaging contains one measuring cup, one transformer and a steaming tray.
- The keep warm function will allow you to leave the food inside the instant pot for longer periods without having to worry about it turning cold.
- The slow cook feature was a fan favourite among consumers, due to its practicality and splendid results.
- Some customers reported that the non-stick coating has started to come off after some time.
- It was noted that due to the lack of handles on the inner pot, it is rather difficult getting it out safely.
If you’ve been perplexed by the large capacity alternatives or would simply like a more compact sized instant pot to match your kitchen, then Drew & Cole’s 8-in-1 King Pro model is your best pick. With 8 in-built programmes to choose from, this multi purpose kitchen appliance will serve either as a slow cooker or as an instant pot, due to the versatility it provides with each function.
According to the manufactures, you can use this pot to cook tasty stews in under 20 minutes or a whole frozen chicken in less than an hour. Because it incorporates all the essential cooking functions such as baking, stewing, frying, and boiling into a low waste cooker machine, you will notice the undoubtful decrease in your energy and water bills as well. Don’t know what to cook first? Swift through the recipe book provided with the packaging and give it a try at once!
- Customers reported that this slow cooker is among the best for property cooking oats, beans, grains, and pasta.
- The inner pot in this machine is dishwasher safe and very easy to clean thanks to their non-stick material coatings.
- The protection functions employing an audible alarm when the lid is not shut off properly further boost the safety measures within the machine.
- The machine is made of raw uncoated aluminium, which may be a deal-breaker with more environmentally conscious people.
- Due to its smaller build, the machine operates with less energy thus taking more time to cook.
Another fantastic multi cooker by Crock Pot comes as a great addition to your kitchen, thanks to its practical design employing a stainless steel build and a durable glass lid. With a large 5.6 litre capacity, this slow cook machine is ideal for bigger families who enjoy eating as much as they enjoy cooking. Besides the cooker, the box contains a slow cook recipe book, a roasting rack and a measuring cup, promoting an overall more pleasurable cooking experience.
An additional advantage to this multi cooker is the digital display timer that implements easy-to-use controls while making food planning easier for everyone involved. Moreover, the dishwasher safe glass lid further enriches the cooking, since you can watch over your turkey, chicken, steak, vegetables, rice or cake (yes you read that right!), while they’re cooking. With the conventional keep warm feature, you can rest assured that your meals are gonna be nice and warm for you to eat whenever you please.
- The five pre-programmed smart functions in this machine operate with multiple settings in each mode.
- This machine prompts you to have increased control since you can manually adjust the time and temperature.
- The sautè and slow cooking features in this machine have been conned fan favourites, since the time and temperature settings are ideal.
- Some users reported that after several months, the interior of the pot started peeling off.
- The print of the external buttons was also noted to chip away.
Bringing the classical convenience together with the modern durability, the RK302E15 model by Tefal is the best at what it does: sustain longevity while providing excellent dishes. With a 5-litre capacity, this cooker provides 8 different programmes to choose from that cook, steam, bake, roast and slow cook different types of food. Employing an electronic control board that includes a delayed start function and automatic keep warm feature, this cooking pot will surely address all your traditional cooking needs at a very reasonable price.
Built with a black coating and stainless steel finish, this cooker includes an easy to clean removable inner pot that’s adorned with non-stick materials thus providing high endurance. The manufacturers are also generous with the packaging, since besides the pressure cooker – the box also contains a recipe book, a spoon, a measuring cup and a steam basket that’ll surely make you want to be in the kitchen longer.
- The delayed start programme offers a 15-hour delay period, so you can set the cooker on the night before and have your meals ready in the morning.
- Thanks to its carrying handle around the lid, you’ll be able to easily move the multi cooker around.
- Consumers have reported that thanks to its intelligent temperature settings, your rice will never burn no matter how long you leave it on the pot.
- Several customers have noted that they experienced issues with the power plug since it was not compatible with their sockets.
- The lid can’t sustain water above the maximum line level, so it will most certainly suffer some leakage due to the condensed steam.
Buying a multi cooker can be a frustrating experience, especially if you’re not convinced that it’s actually worth the while. If you saw the Instant Pot Duo commercial that one time and it stuck with you, or if you’re simply tired of your kitchen being drowned with several pots and pans – then you might want to consider buying a multi cooker. If you need help with that, we can showcase the most important things to look for when buying one.
Like with all kitchen appliances, it’s of grave importance that the multi cooker you’re using is made of food-grade, long sustaining materials. If you seek durability, you should always aim for stainless steel appliances, since they are normally more enduring all the while being more economical. As for the inner pot in a multi cooker, a general rule of thumb is to have a non-stick material that’s dishwasher friendly, so it will be safer to use, longer to sustain and easier to clean.
Most multi cookers operate around the same or similar functions that commonly circle around slow cooking, steaming, grilling, [deep] frying, boiling, sautéing baking or browning. Some machines combine two or more features by employing different temperature and time settings so that you have more versatility with your options.
Generally, a multi cooker that employs more programmes is more practical and it allows you to cook different dishes. However, you should never take the number of programmes as a definitive, as they also depend on the overall cooker capacity, combined features and hardware settings. If a pressure cooker has all the essential functions, then you’re good to go.
A lot of cookers and chefs have found that a good multi cooker should have a delay timer function, keep warm feature and a DIY option. With the first feature, will be able to set the cooker on at the desired time (usually at night), so it can slow cook while you’re multitasking with other things. The slow cooking features usually employ a 24-hour delay period which is fantastic, but you shouldn’t limit yourself to that. Anywhere around 8 hours is more than sufficient.
The keep warm feature ensures that the already cooked food stays warm for hours after you’ve initially cooked it. This is especially helpful if you are a batch cooker and always have to deal with food getting thrown away because they lose the taste after being out for longer. As for the DIY option, it is very favourable among those who prefer to be more in control of their time and temperature settings, by creating an optimized cooking feature that’s not pre-programmed by the manufacturer.
Q: What is a multi cooker?
A: A multi-cooker is an electric kitchen appliance that functions on the principles of automated cooking controlled by a timer. Generally, multi-cookers can complete a variety of services such as boiling, stewing, grilling, frying or steaming.
Q: Are multi cookers any good?
A: Yes, they surely are. Not only do they make complicated recipes look easy, but they also provide an energy-efficient cooking process due to their ‘all in one’ functionality. With a multi-cooker, you can be a professional chef within the first day of use, since they usually come with programmed settings that independently adjust the temperature, timing and pressure for you to make the perfect looking (and tasting!) dishes.
Q: How do I choose a multi cooker?
A: If the brand is not an issue, you should focus on three major points that include the capacity, programmes variability and supplementary features the machine provides. A good multi cooker should satisfy the essential cooking modes that would otherwise require you to use a pressure cooker, stove oven, grill, slow cooker, or steaming device.
Q: What can be cooked in a multi cooker?
A: If you get the right one, basically everything! Whether you want to slow cook that steak, brown those chicken and turkeys, steam bake meatballs or vegetables, stew soup, rice or chilli or even make yoghurt, oatmeal or grains – then all you need is a recipe book and the will to put in the ingredients since a multi-cooker will do it all for you.
Q: Is a multi cooker better than a slow cooker?
A: In terms of functionality, yes. Several multi-cookers include a slow cooking setting that serves the same purpose as a slow cooker, on top of all the other features that are combined in each model.
Q: How to use a multi cooker?
A: After deciding on the recipe and gathering the ingredients required, the way you use the multi-cooker depends on what you’re cooking. Most of the time, the control panel within each appliance will give you instructions on how to use each setting, but there are some general hints you can practice to ensure proper usage.
- Respect the max fill line – If you’re relatively used to pressure cooking, you’ll know that the urge to add extensive amounts of water is always there since most meals usually suck up the moisture. However, if you surpass the fill line in multi-cookers you risk causing the machine to leak and not properly cook your food.
- Leave space for enlargement – You should always keep in mind that certain grain and dried foods absorb the water in the cooker and bloat as they cook, so you need to plan ahead and allow for extra capacity within it.
- Account for some additional minutes on your usual cooking – A common mistake a lot of people make while using an electric pressure cooker is that they don’t amount for the time it takes for the appliance to reach the ideal pressure levels and then release them. Manufacturers suggest an additional 10 minutes to each cooking process, in order to beget the most delicious meals.
- Frequently clean the lid and interior – If you use your multi-cooker often, you will notice that certain foods leave a lingering odour that usually retains to the silicone lining on the lid and bottom of the machine. It’s wise to use a vinegar solution pre-wash, so you won’t mix the flavours while cooking different recipes.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In