Last Updated on June 4, 2021
Owning an all-region DVD player means that you can buy good films anywhere – even abroad – and you’ll never get that annoying message that tells you that the movie cannot play in your region. Let’s see which affordable DVD player is the best for you!
Discover The Best Multi-Region DVD Of 2021
This sleek DVD player hit the top spot for several reasons. But one of the highlights is certainly its ability to play different formats, regardless of region. Anything on a disk, from images, movies, to music, can play on this DVD player.
The quality is also HD. You’ll be able to watch your favourite movies with amazing clarity and colour. It also has plenty of other features to ensure that you only have the best home theater experience.
It is easy to install and use. The remote control allows you to pause, zoom, flick to different parts of the movie or song, and so much more.
- Remote included.
- Great audio and screen quality.
- Plug in USB and view.
- Supports different media formats.
- There is a brief learning curve.
Besides being ultra-portable, this multi-region DVD player has technology that significantly increases the picture quality of DVDs. It accommodates any TV type thanks to its HDMI. The USB port also plays your favourite videos, films, pictures or audio – straight from your USB.
The player supports DVD, CDs & VCD discs, home-made CD-R/RW & DVD±R/RW (including MP3 & WMA tunes or JPEG pictures).
Another innovative feature is the microphone joint positioned on the side of the device. You can use it for karaoke or as a DVD player. To sing along, simply inserting a karaoke disc and watch it on your TV. If you love doing this, you’ll be pleased to know that Grouptronics also offers a package containing the machine, a Karaoke ultimate pack as well as a dynamic wired microphone.
- The LCD screen allows you to see which chapter you’re on, observe the viewing progress and the other playback information.
- The internal features in this device also contain repeat play, zoom, slow play and step through scene by scene.
- The picture and sound quality remain elite on whichever video format you use, so scart connection compressing won’t be an issue anymore.
- The DVD player is compact and lightweight, so moving it around will be a no-hassle process.
- Some consumers have reported that the USP port is rather tight on the edges, so it’s more prone to damage on the long run.
- The remote contains hard to see numbers and icons, which might be a deal-breaker for some people.
Need something for your BluRay collection? This multi-region DVD turns an already spectacular format into even better viewing. Yes, it can play your DVDs too!
This HDMI powered player is efficient around the globe, thanks to its auto-switching 100-240V 50/60Hz voltage that’s compatible worldwide. Moreover, you can also connect this DVD player with an internet connection either by LAN or WiFi.
You can also use the TV Sideview app on your smartphone or tablet as a remote. This app contains dedicated switches that allow you to instantly start your preferred streaming platforms on your Sony DVD player, including Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Amazon Instant Video, and more.
- Suitable for all DVDs formats including CD-R/RW & DVD±R/RW as well as data formated disks such as MP4, Avi or FLV.
- USB port that functions with a Dolby Digital function, so your photos, videos, films and music will be played with reliable high quality.
- Compact and modern.
- Easy to set up and install.
- Some consumers have reported that the DVD player is somewhat erratic; it stops playing video randomly by leaving the screen blank for a split second.
- The device is prone to buffering while using streaming devices such as Netflix or Youtube.
Here’s another player your BluRay disks will love. Panasonic created a resilient device that is stylish and compact. It’s a must-have if you simply need an uncomplicated player for your home that works well.
You can play DVDs and music CDs from all around the world, as well as a wide variety of online contents due to its built-in internet apps. All you need is an ethernet cable and you’re good to go.
You can rest assured that all your favourite films and videos will be spectacular – due to this DVD player’s integrated upscaling features that enhance the media sound and picture quality.
- A USB port that supports stored content on its external HDD Playback function.
- The installation and features settings are easy.
- This series of DVD players plays all regions of DVDs, but only UK-based BlueRay media.
- Some consumers noted that the DVD is rather noisy while operating, which may be annoying for some.
Another notable multi-region DVD player is this stylish box. The metal casing is more durable than plastic players and it also comes with an RCA cable. This makes the device suitable for TVs that don’t employ an HDMI system. You can also satisfy your karaoke monster thanks to two sockets that can accommodate a pair of microphones.
You can also play your media straight out of a USB device, in a wide variety of formats such as DIVX, MPEG4, DVD (+, R/RW), CD, VCD, SVCD, MP3, JPEG & Kodak discs.
- The enclosed metal case aids with cooling and guarantees a stable driver.
- 1-year warranty support.
- The ‘last memory function’ allows you to resume your movie where you switched it off. Simply switch on the player and continue watching.
- USB media tends to freeze.
LG Electronics is a champion of home entertainment devices. Consumers are normally happy to trust this brand and in this case, we found one of their region-free DVD players that has a bunch of great features – including zoomng.
The player is also ergonomic, compact and compatible with multiple media formats like DVD, DivX, CD and MP3.
Features that are somewhat unique to this model include the easily operable zoom capability, the new screen saver option and a parental lock function. It also comes with a phono to scart connection lead and a full-function remote. Just plug in an additional HDMI cable and you’re all set.
- The USB 2.0 playback function allows you to connect a USB stick and view its content.
- It resumes the video right where you left off. Turn the machine on and continue watching.
- Tends to overheat with heavy use.
- The eject button tends to freeze.
This package includes everything you need for a great home viewing experience. You will get a comprehensive remote, HDMI and AV Cables, and a region-free DVD player with super HD quality. The player supports an amazing number of formats including CD, DVD, MP3, VCD, SVCD, DVD-R/+R, DVD-/+RW, and CD-R/-RW.
The player is designed to operate without skipping, freezing, and it can even play scratched disks in perfect HD. A USB port means that you can view all your favourite libraries of stored movies, music, and images.
The device is also easy to install and to use.
- HDMI and AV cables included.
- HD viewing.
- Plays scratched disks without compromising viewing quality.
- Does not support BluRay.
Are you looking for something that’s thin and easy to insert inside a small shelf? Then this could be the top choice. just like all the best DVD players, it is also brimming with special features.
First, it belongs to a series of four. You can pick the model most suited to you. The collection includes a classic player, a compact-sized version, a portable player, and a swivel screened player. All of them are compatible with most video formats including DVD (+, R, RW), VCD, CD (R, RW), MP3, MP4, Kodak, JPEG and MPEG4.
The USB feature plays all your family’s favourite videos. Whatever you watch, you can enjoy the superior 5.1 channel Dolby Digital sound surround system. Furthermore, the easy-to-read LED display allows you to easily read and control your DVDs, even in dimly lit rooms.
- Compact and easy to set up.
- The one-year guarantee, which can get extended to a two-year warranty upon registration.
- Among the best budget-friendly players on the market.
- Some consumers have reported that the battery compartment in this machine is prone to damage and bulging.
- Unless played on the surround system, it was noted that the sound in this DVD player is distinctly lower than with conventional machines.
You can take this DVD player straight from the box and enjoy any DVD, no matter what regional restrictions it comes with . But what else can you look forward to? Besides its space-saving sleek design, here are more benefits.
More user-friendly features include just plugging this DVD player in using the HDMI port and you will enjoy crisp viewing on your TV. If your TV doesn’t have an HDMI port, you can also use the Scart port for the same fantastic results. Besides DVDs, you can also view any media files on your USB device.
- Very user-friendly.
- USB compatible.
- Plug and play.
- Dolby Digital surround sound.
- HDMI and Scart cables are not included.
Need something to entertain the kids on a road trip? Do you need a DVD player to keep your mind occupied during a flight? You don’t have to worry that crossing regions during your trip might interfere with your movie.
This all-region DVD player is not only portable and lightweight but it also comes with a 5-hour battery. This is enough for at least two movies or a lot of your favourite series’ episodes! The player supports CD, DVD, CD-R/RW, DVD -R/+R, DVD+RW/-RW, VCD, and SVCD.
The screen also swivels to give you a perfect viewing angle, the player bookmarks your place so you can continue watching later, and it can also be plugged into a TV to play movies on a bigger screen.
- Long-lasting battery.
- The battery can be recharged with the car charger.
- Compatible with TVs.
- Does not support BluRay.
Your Buying Guide
Generally, DVD players with region-free features are straightforward but here are a few things that you should look for when buying.
- Upscaling Feature – This function refers to a DVD player’s ability to enhance the SD quality on your DVDs by bringing them to a near HD resolution.
- Compatibility with Various Formats – The more formats your DVD player is compatible with, the fewer issues you’ll have with playing different DVDs or other media. A good machine should be suitable with DivX, Xvid, MP3, MP4, WMA and JPEG file formats.
- USB Playback – The best DVD players contain a USB socket that allows you to plug in your external drive and play your personal media on the machine. This will come in as particularly handy feature when you want to play music, photos or videos one after the other without having to change the CDs.
- Internet Feature– With the constant updating of digital devices, several manufacturers have constructed their devices to include an internet feature that basically turns your DVD player into a smart device that’s compatible with playing media from popular streaming devices such as Netflix or Youtube.
Q: What is a multi-region DVD player?
A: Most DVD players are normally manufactured with a region code that allows only compatible discs to be played. For example, a UK regions DVD containing the number 2 can only be played on specific DVDs (UK region supported) that also contain the number 2, and it won’t play on other devices. Region free DVD players are compatible with all numbers.
Q: What is the best region free DVD player?
A: The best region free DVD player is any model that is user-friendly, comes from a reputable brand and carries a warranty.
Q: Which DVD players are multi-region?
A: Any DVD player that is specifically listed as such.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In