Last Updated on May 6, 2021
Nothing beats a cup of coffee in the morning. But besides the wonderful aroma of ground coffee, the quality of a coffee machine can make or break that special moment when you savour your first java of the day.
The best single cup coffee machine is also perfect for singles and anyone wishing to add a little flair to their dorm room. In case you’re looking for the top models of the year, you’ve come to the right place. Here are the best single serve coffee makers of 2021.
Drinks: Espresso and Lungo.
Weight: 2.3 Kg.
Special feature: The coffee maker heats up in 25 seconds.
Drinks: Freshly-ground coffee.
Weight: 2.7 Kg.
Special feature: Coffee beans are ground automatically.
Drinks: Over 40 drinks.
Weight: 2.5 Kg.
Special feature: Virtually no cleaning involved.
Drinks: Freshly-ground coffee.
Weight: 1.58 Kg.
Special feature: A permanent coffee filter.
The Best Single Cup Coffee Machines Reviewed In 2021
The best single cup coffee machine is the Top Single Serve Coffee Maker by Nespresso. This appliance is perfect for anyone who appreciates style in a small package. Indeed, this quality coffee maker is compact and one of the most attractive single serve coffee makers on the market today. But besides the sleek lines and dark looks, this caffeine kid comes with great perks. Let’s have a look at what you can expect.
The appliance is compact. Indeed, it’s classified as a mini coffee maker but that doesn’t mean it’s abilities are limited in any way. If anything, this is a tiny powerhouse. It heats up in under half a minute and has an eco-friendly mode. The latter ensures that you can enjoy quality coffee without seeing a ridiculous price hike when you open your power bill. The high-pressure heart of this single-serve coffee maker also ensures that every cup of coffee is a barista’s dream. A one-touch button also gives you the choice to enjoy both Espresso and Lungo cups of coffee.
- The product measures 32.5 x 11 x 20.5 cm.
- It has a beautiful design.
- It is compact and easy to place in a kitchen with limited space.
- Very user friendly.
- The coffee maker has Espresso and Lungo programs.
- It does not have an auto-shutoff feature.
- While some consumers are satisfied with the brewing process, they find the plastic casing thin enough to press inwards.
This silver beauty is the best choice if you’re looking for a stainless steel coffee maker that does all the work. In this case, “work” implies freshly ground coffee. While some hardcore fans of the coffee-making process enjoy grinding the beans by hand, most people just want quick cups of coffee with all the flavour but none of the effort. If that’s your preference, then this single-serve coffee maker deserves a place in your kitchen.
Here’s what makes this machine so dreamy. You can use any coffee beans. So grab your favourite flavour, add enough beans to ensure that the brew reaches the strength you love, and let the coffee maker do the rest. The resulting ground coffee contains all the flavour and oils that only come from freshly-crushed coffee beans. The process also includes hot water that slowly seeps through the beans to extract as much taste as possible.
This single-serve coffee maker has another perk. The drip tray is adjustable, meaning that you can place any size cup into the machine. You can even stick your travel mug in there when you feel like ground coffee while driving to work. Go on, enjoy the tastiest coffee no matter where you are.
- The product measures 41 x 25.4 x 25 cm.
- A beautiful and durable stainless steel casing.
- It is an automatic coffee bean grinder.
- An unpressurized hot water mechanism extracts even more flavour.
- The adjustable drip tray can accommodate cups and even a travel mug.
- Reusable filter basket.
- Contains a charcoal filter to further improve the taste of each cup of coffee.
- There is no auto-shutoff feature.
- Some consumers aren’t too happy with the fact that the coffee maker must be cleaned after every cup of coffee. For others, this is not really an issue.
Here is a great choice if you want a trusted brand. Brought to you by Nescafé, famous for its coffee and chocolate products, you can rest assured that quality is on the table. First off, this single-serve coffee maker looks futuristic but simplistic enough not to overplay the modern design. It can fit into any room, no matter the decor and still add a stylish touch. But apart from brand and looks, this is also a good choice for those who like more than just one or two coffee programs.
What can you and your caffeine-loving tonsils look forward to? Brace yourself, this is about to get tasty. This single-serve coffee maker can produce over 40 different drinks. Apart from iced teas and hot chocolate, with the quality you would expect from Nescafé pods, it also makes a variety of coffees. These include Latte Macchiatos, Americanos, Cappuccinos and Espressos. Needless to say, this kind of variety in a single appliance is a priceless treat for coffee lovers.
But let’s gaze at an annoying problem that often plagues the best single serve coffee makers. What is it? The fact that the brand’s specific pods are sometimes hard to come by. Not with this egg-shaped wonder. The coffee pods are stocked in supermarkets and are also available online for purchase. The pods are also designed to hold most of the coffee grinds back after brewing a cup. This makes cleaning as simple as removing the coffee pods. Overall, this brewer is beautiful, has a mind-bending variety, it is easy to restock and to maintain.
- The product measures 17.1 x 32.5 x 22.8 cm.
- A two-year guarantee.
- The pods are easily available online and in supermarkets.
- It makes several types of coffee drinks, teas, and hot chocolate.
- It is easy to use and clean.
- There is a removable water tank.
- The adjustable tray can accommodate a travel mug.
- It lacks an auto-shutoff feature.
- The coffee maker is not automatic. It requires supervision from start to finish.
This single-serve coffee maker is a great choice for several reasons. The offer includes not just a quality coffee maker but also a stylish travel mug. Both are dressed with stainless steel, which gives a classy look but also supports durability. But that’s just one perk you can expect from a machine that’s at the high end of the best single serve coffee makers. Indeed, this is another great option if you’re looking for a java miracle from a trusted brand.
One of the best features is the 24-hour programmable timer. You push a button here and there, happily knowing that when you come home from work, your favourite coffee just made itself and is ready to drink. The adjustable filter tray also allows you to place almost any cup or mug into the machine. With this particular model, you can also look forward to coffee made from freshly-ground beans or pre-ground filter coffee.
Another thing that sets this single-serve coffee maker apart is the permanent coffee filter. You can say goodbye to constantly buying new paper filters. This not only saves you time and money but it aids the environment by reducing the number of filters that end up in the trash. The reusable filter is easy to clean as well. You merely remove the filter, rinse it and put it back inside the coffee machine.
- The product measures 28.8 x 31.7 x 42.3 cm.
- It includes a stainless steel mug.
- The mug is dishwasher safe.
- A 24-hour timer.
- It can make coffee from beans and pre-ground pods.
- A reusable filter.
- A decent-size water tank.
- There is no auto-shutoff feature.
- There is no milk option.
If you need an extra choice before deciding on your ultimate travel cup coffee maker, here’s one that deserves a good look. The water tank has a capacity of 430 ml, which is more than enough to fill the travel mug (which is included). The mug is stylish enough to show off during commute or at the office!
This coffee maker is also very easy to use. You simply fill the water reservoir, add the ground coffee or coffee bags, and activate. To start brewing a single cup of perfect coffee, you simply push one button. If you want to serve coffee in several cups (because you want to impress your friends, of course), you do not have to wait a century, either. A single cup can take as little as 3 minutes to make.
One great feature is similar to the previous product. This single-serve coffee maker also has a reusable filter. For this reason, it is a great choice if you hate buying paper filters and also want to reduce your waste footprint on the planet. The filter is also easy to clean. You remove it, give it a good slosh in water, and slot it back into place. Another feature makes this one of the best single serve coffee makers. This machine can produce a decent frothy coffee. For those who adore the texture and lightness of a frothy coffee, this could be the ultimate single-serve option for you.
- The product measures 17.5 x 13 x 24.5 cm.
- The coffee machine has a reusable filter.
- It includes a filter basket.
- It includes a large stainless steel mug for on-the-go use.
- One-button operation.
- A stainless steel outfit.
- Works with ground coffee, classic coffee, and coffee pods.
- There are three water level markings.
- Compact size.
- Produces hot water that can be used for tea.
- Works with any smart plug.
- Although it is not a common complaint, a few consumers have found that the filter allows coffee grounds to leak into cups.
- Some consumers have reported that the portable mug leaks from the spout (even when the lid is closed).
As far as coffee makers go, this is a well-rounded product. Many single-serve coffee machines do not have an auto-shutoff feature. This means that one must stand in front of the machine while the water boils and the cups get filled. While this is not a dealbreaker, there are times when an auto-shutoff feature is preferable. A busy family would love this. Even someone who just hates standing and waiting for a few minutes might appreciate this convenience. Of course, an auto-shutoff is also critical when one must suddenly leave, say, to answer the phone and then forget all about the boiling coffee machine.
The coffee machine also has a host of other perks. A clear water indicator ensures that you’d never overfill the water reservoir. This is a nifty feature because it could save the appliance. When overfilled, the water and coffee grounds can get into places that they shouldn’t. What else can you look forward to? A thermal mug will dutifully keep your coffee hot while a permanent filter reduces your waste and shopping list (no more need to add those paper filters!). The overall size of the single-serve coffee machine is also compact enough to fit into any kitchen. Its design is also stylish and won’t make your decor sad.
This is also one of those single-serve coffee makers that are user-friendly. The water reservoir is filled, the coffee is scooped into place, and you simply flick the On switch. Overall, this coffee maker is reliable, quick, and makes a wonderful cup of filter coffee.
- The product measures 16 x 13.5 x 23 cm.
- There is an auto-shutoff feature.
- A thermal mug.
- A permanent filter.
- The design is compact and stylish.
- Two-button operation.
- It works with smart plugs.
- If you want to make a second cup of coffee, you must wait for the machine to cool down. Only then does the On switch work again.
- Some consumers find that it can be a little tricky to pour water into the water reservoir.
Are you looking for another auto-shutoff coffee brewer with a basket full of perks? This one surely won’t disappoint. Besides giving yourself that peace of mind that this coffee maker won’t overstep the safety mark, another feature keeps your appliance protected from too much heat and too little water. This single-serve machine has boil-dry protection, which automatically switches off the coffee maker when, for some reason, there’s not enough water in the tank.
For a single cup coffee maker, it’s designed to deliver a satisfying experience. The silver and black finish is completed by a dark mug that can keep your coffee hot on the go. There is also no need to wait forever. Your cup will be ready in just a few minutes. There is also a level indicator so that you can check the water, an easy-to-use On and Off switch, a permanent filter to get rid of those paper slips, and as a bonus, you’ll even get one fixing kit in case you need to give your machine a little TLC.
- The product measures 11 x 13.5 x 19 cm.
- The safety features include boil dry protection and auto-shutoff.
- The coffee maker is user friendly.
- A permanent filter reduces the need to buy paper filters.
- A water-level indicator.
- One fixing kit.
- 150 ml capacity.
- Perfect to use in a camper van or dorm room.
- The bracket might need some adjustment before the coffee maker can be attached to the side panels of some vans.
- Some consumers feel that the coffee maker needs more versatile plugs, like a standard 3-point plug.
This single-serve machine is a great travelling companion. Truckers, campers, or anyone on a long journey who cannot bear the thought of not having quality filter coffee will love this product. Not only is it stylish, portable, and easy to use, but the mug is a quality item made from ceramic. To boot, the size is not the only thing that’s fantastic about this coffee maker. It can also plug directly into a vehicle’s cigarette lighter. The entire appliance is also built to suit a mobile lifestyle and to fit into small spaces.
But what else can you expect from this mobile unit? That’s right. There’s more. Indeed, this is one more model that offers a dual safety feature against overheating. It automatically shuts off when the cup is ready. There’s also boil dry protection for those mornings when you’re not fully awake yet and switch on the coffee maker but forget to add the water. Hey, it happens to the best of us.
Since this single-serve wonder is primarily designed for vehicles, the design includes a permanent filter. This makes things more convenient for truckers and campers. Paper filters are not always available when the road is long or a thousand trees stand between you and civilization.
- The product measures 13.5 x 11 x 19 cm.
- The machine works with the vehicle’s cigarette lighter.
- The size and built is specially designed for mobile people.
- One quality ceramic mug is included.
- A great choice for truckers and camping trips.
- The safety features include auto-shutoff and boil-dry protection.
- The coffee is ready within a few minutes.
- If coffee variety is important to you, then this model might not be the best buy (although it makes a mean cup of filter coffee).
- The single-serve design might not suit camping families, although it’s perfect for one or two people who love top-notch coffee in the wilderness.
Are you looking for something unusual? This should tickle your silver bone. This shiny aluminium pot is perfect for stovetop use, which means that you can also take it camping or use it in the dorm room. Specifically, if you’re a fan of Espresso, this Made-In-Italy product will make a dreamy addition to your kitchen. In just a few minutes, the pot will create a rich, aromatic, and authentic Espresso. You’ll never have to stand in line at a coffee shop again. Instead, you can look forward to your own, freshly-made cups with great-tasting coffee.
The eight sides work together to evenly distribute the heat throughout the coffee. This ensures that you will enjoy a smooth and rich cup of Espresso every time. Another great design point is the handle, which is ergonomic and also keeps the heat away from your hand. Cleaning the pot is also easy and quick. Another plus point is the coffee maker’s size. It’s small enough to fit into a suitcase, making it ideal for hiking and visiting hotels.
For people who are nature conscious, this coffee maker offers an added bonus. It doesn’t use coffee pods. Since this is a quality product and designed to last for years, the number of pods you’ll never throw in the trash will be a massive amount. So if avoiding non-recycled pods is important to you, then this is a pleasing feature from a great brand.
- The product measures 8 x 14 x 13 cm.
- It comes with a proud tradition of safety designs and history by Bialetti.
- It brews authentic Espresso coffee.
- It has a unique and classy appearance.
- Made from aluminium.
- Works with most stovetops and hobs.
- The handle is ergonomic.
- The pot is easy to use and clean.
- The small size makes it great for travellers.
- It doesn’t require pods.
- There is no auto-shutoff feature.
- This coffee maker cannot be on induction hobs.
If you like the idea of brewing your own cups with a pot but want another option, then here’s another top offer. It resembles the previous product in looks and purpose but let’s have a closer look at what this particular stovetop pot has to offer. Well, there’s the old-school look, if you like aluminium pots with several sides. The handle is also designed to look good as well as offer ergonomic support. The pot can also be taken apart. This is to make hand-washing the parts quick and easy.
But one of the best features is that beginners can brew an authentic Espresso with this pot. Even when they sit in the middle of nowhere with just a tent and a gas stove. It can also be used on electric stoves, as well as gas and electric hobs. You don’t require patience, either. Brewing time to a perfect cup is a few minutes.
You also don’t have to worry about spillage. The pot is made from durable and leak-proof aluminium. Similar to the previous product, this is another great choice if you want to use fewer pods. Since it doesn’t require any, you can look forward to years of eco-friendly cups of coffee.
- The product measures 12 x 17 x 22 cm.
- The design includes an ergonomic handle.
- Creates authentic espresso coffee.
- Made from tough and leak-proof aluminium.
- Works with most kinds of stovetops.
- It does not use pods.
- Similar to the previous stovetop coffee maker, this model also cannot be used on an induction hob.
- This coffee maker is not dishwasher-friendly. It needs to be hand-washed only.
Single Cup Coffee Machine Buying Guide
A single cup of quality coffee is hunted by millions every morning. But you can certainly beat the crush at coffee shops by purchasing your own brew maker. The important thing is to buy a model that you are satisfied with. However, with every product looking so good and all the ads promising yummy coffee, it’s easy to pick a lemon. You know, those products that last a month or make weak coffee. Here are the top tips to get a fantastic single-cup appliance that you will love for years.
Look For Quality
These days, too many coffee appliances break after making just a few cups. This can be avoided if you take your time before deciding on which model to buy. Things that point to a quality appliance include a trusted brand name, the higher end of the price range, guarantees, and splendid reviews.
Decide If You’re Okay With Pods
Pods are not a problem, per se. But these cups have issues that might get up a few noses, especially when they are too exclusive (you struggle to find new stock), or you’re worried about the effect that pods might have on the environment. That being said, coffee appliances that work with pods offer some of the most amazing cups of java known to mankind. One can always look for a brand that offers recyclable pods or an alternative to pods that is more eco-friendly.
Double-Check The Technical Details
When bad reviews hit one-cup brewers, the main gripe concerns the small things. Buyers are often disappointed because their chosen product has the wrong plug, dimensions, or power consumption to what they had assumed.
For this reason, it’s critical to make sure that the products you like has the right size, plug, and can serve the main purpose that you need it for. If you just want to brew cups at home now and again, you can pick from countless models but if you want to take a machine on a camping trip, then it’s better to purchase something with the right brackets, power usage, and plug.
Take The Time To Read The Reviews
Reviews are your best friend when you’re looking to buy a new appliance. No matter how small or big. The trick to getting your hands on a quality product is to read all the reviews left by other buyers, even the bad ones. If there are no bad reviews, then great. That suggests that this particular coffee appliance is a top choice. If there are only bad reviews, then make a U-turn and go look for something else. However, when an appliance has both positive and negative comments, it needn’t be automatically dismissed. You can use your common sense to gauge if the item is worth it.
Q: Which Is The Best Single Cup Coffee Maker?
A: The best single cup coffee maker is determined by several factors. The most important, however, is quality. Not just quality parts and materials but also a promise of durability. Ideally, when you purchase a single-serve coffee machine, it should come with a guarantee.
Besides quality, the top single-cup machines also need to look stylish, have a big enough water reservoir to suit your needs, and thoroughly extract the flavour from coffee pods. To wrap this up, you can look for two more things separate the best coffee makers from the rest. One, it should be user-friendly. Lastly, the machine should also be easy to clean.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In