Last Updated on January 11, 2022
Wood burning stoves are a delight and we all love the sound of roaring fire. But unless you’re sitting right in front of one, chances are you won’t be warm.
To properly heat the entire room, you’re going to need a stove fan. This magical appliance helps spread heat throughout the room with zero running costs. Find out the best stove fans currently available on the market right below.
Product Testing & Comparison
Our reviewer used a specific set of guidelines to determine the best of the best for our list:
- Quality of design
- Quality of heating
Our reviewer primarily focused on how long-lasting each fan was, specifically based on the materials used to construct it. We favoured devices that used metal and avoided wood or plastic, as these fans are designed to (more often than not) sit on top of a stove.
The other determining factors were how well and quickly each fan heated a room, and how expensive they were. While none of the fans on our list went over £50, a few were very close. Those earned their spot on our list by being, at the end of the day, high-quality stove fans. Now let’s see what works best for you.
The Best Stove Fans Reviewed In 2022
1. Best Anodized Aluminium Stove Fan By Crsure (Product #SF-334)
- Dimensions: 20.1 x 17.2 x 11.1 cm
- Weight: 548 grams
- Material: Anodised aluminium
The best among these stove fans is the Anodized Aluminium Stove Fan By Crsure. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
The size is no doubt a significant factor to consider when purchasing a stove fan. So if you are all out for a gasoline stove fan that offers you all of the sizes that you desire, then you should look no further than the extended size high-quality Anodized Aluminum stove fan.
With a minimal budget, you can join users globally who own these temperature-regulating stoves fans. It has CE certification and weighs around 550g for easy manipulation. It runs at 1350 rotations per minute and has an airflow of 200 to 220 cubic feet of air per minute.
You will like the airflow of this stove fan and its warm air and heat distribution allow it to come up to a temperature needed by the stove fan to power itself. This airflow will also help in keeping the room space warm. These stove fans are easy to install and use. To connect, all you need to do is to place the flat surface area of the stove fan on your stove just beside the flue pipe of the oven.
Our reviewer really liked this stove fan. It has wonderful airflow, is super simple to install, and it’s got a wonderfully quiet motor. It gets the room warm quite quickly, making it very efficient at its job, as well. Unfortunately, it comes with no safety features, making it less of a great choice in homes with small children. Otherwise, though, it’s an awesome device.
- Has a great air flow that keeps the temperature minimal.
- These stoves fans are very easy to install and maintain
- Runs at 1350 rotations per minute and has an airflow of 200 to 220 cubic feet of air per minute.
- Reviews praise the high quality motor that causes the stoves fan to operate silently
- Includes a free thermometer that can become very useful.
- These stove fans can heat the room faster and regulate the room temperature.
- This stoves fan is not really safe as you have to be extra careful while using it. Reviews say that there is no overheating protection that prevents harm while dealing with higher temperatures.
2. Quiet Design Best Stove Fan By Vonhaus (Product #14/079)
- Dimensions: 10.9 x 18 x 20.4 cm
- Weight: 850 grams
- Material: Alloy steel and wood
The second-placed stovetop fan on this list is the Quiet Stove Fan By Vonhaus. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
If you are familiar with the VonHaus brand, you will know very well why the VonHaus Blade Stove Fan is making it our second pick. Just as it is known of the brand, this stove fan is a very classic one with innovative features ranging from an attractive design to performance. Built with an enduring material that will shield it away from wear and tear, the compact design of this stove fan makes it very safe and easy to use.
The low price of this particular stove fan is also very impressive, especially when compared to its performance. It has a self-heat powered blade with a temperature gauge, and the number of blades included is 4. The blade size ranges from 15.5cm to 19cm, and that is why you can expect high performance every time.
You will like the innovative style of these fans and the top quality of the blade material. Its exceptional construction is a plus, and since it is heat powered, its efficiency is greatly enhanced. Also, the 2-year warranty and eco-friendliness of this stove fan make it a perfect unit for every home.
Our reviewer really liked this little guy. It heats the room quickly and efficiently, is warrantied for two years, and operates near-silently. Just like #1, though, it doesn’t have any safety features, making it hard to justify in homes with small children. Once again, though, it’s still a great product.
- These fans come in a perfect small or large size and do not require any installation
- It has a black steel construction that makes it very nice and enduring
- A thermometer is included in the package which has a low price
- This fan can heat the room properly and control the room temperatures using air flow.
- These stove fans operate automatically and silently.
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
- Lack of safety features.
3. 3 Blades Heat Powered Stove Fan By Tomersun (Product #GoodPOY-00001)
- Dimensions: 18 x 9 x 22 cm
- Weight: 530 grams
- Material: Aluminium
The third best unit to get on our top 10 list is the 3 Blade Heat Powered Stove Fan By Tomersun. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
For maximum results, position the device near the side or back of the stovepipe. This stovetop fan will make sure of low energy consumption while achieving optimal warmth in your house.
The device will promote airflow in your house, and it is a low-cost device that requires little maintenance. You don’t need batteries or electricity for this device as it generates its own power. By utilizing thermoelectric technology, the device will convert heat into electricity. It will, therefore, utilize the electricity made from the fire on the hot stove surface to spin.
The hotter the stove surface is, the more the fan will spin, circulate more warm air and heat around the room, and keep your house with proper airflow. It will automatically vary its speed according to the temperature of the stove surface. It has a bi-metallic safety device located at the base that prevents overheating and harm when dealing with higher temperatures. If the surface temperature is beyond 300c, this bi-metallic strip elevates the front of the fan to protect the TEG from damage.
Our reviewer really enjoyed this lightweight little fan. It’s super-efficient, has inbuilt safety features unlike our #1 and #2 devices, and is quite ergonomic. The stove fan is compact, portable, and comes warrantied. While it does require a specific heat to keep the fan running, it’s still quite effective. Its one real downside is that it gets louder during changes in temperature.
- It has inbuilt overheating protection that prevents damage on the model when dealing with highest temperatures.
- This model is effective in ensuring you benefit fully from the energy used to produce heat for your house.
- These great fans can heat a cooler living room efficiently and control the room temperatures using air flow around the room.
- The stove fan does not require batteries or electricity. It is economical and affordable.
- The device is compact. You will hardly notice its presence. It is portable.
- Several years of warranty included
- You will have to maintain the temperature of your stove surface between 85C – 350°C. Reviews say that anything above this will destroy your device.
- This fan stove gets noisy when the fan starts to warm up or cool down.
4. Mini Stove Fan Small By Crsure (Product #SF-524 FBA)
- Dimensions: 17.8 x 14.9 x 12.5 cm
- Weight: 449 grams
- Material: Anodised aluminium and plastic
Fourth place goes to the Mini Stove Fan Small By Crsure. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
The Anodized Aluminium Circular Thickened Protection blade is a stove fan that is built with the best material which keeps it protected. It is this protection that certainly makes it one of the best stove fans that available in the market today. Coming in a straightforward design, this stove fan works really well and doesn’t need batteries or an external source, just needs the heat from the stove to power the fan.
Though arriving at a large price tag, this small stove gasoline fan is definitely worth the buy. It weighs just around 450 grams with a maximum operating system of 350°C while the minimum operating temperature is 50 degrees. With an airflow of between 100 and 300 cubic feet of air per minute, this is your perfect solution for optimum performance.
It is produced with many materials of top standard, and that is why it is one of the most popular gasoline stoves fans in the market. It has an overheating protection system when working in higher temperatures to prevent damage. Reviews like its circular thickened baffle design, which will help in enhancing the performance of the fans’ motor, thereby promoting airflow and boosting the lifespan of the stove fan.
Our reviewer really likes this little guy. It requires no electricity, making it quite efficient, and can heat a large room quite quickly. The overheat protection is quite nice, as is the quiet operation. Its only real downside is the cost – which still isn’t that high.
- These small fans are made from a top standard material that keeps them protected
- These fans work with no batteries or an external source
- Features an air flow of between 100 and 300 cubic feet of air per minute
- Overheating protection from higher temperatures provides great value
- These great fans can heat the surrounding cool air properly and control the room temperatures constant using air flow.
- These fans come with 4 reliable fan blades and a Flue Magnetic Thermometer
- A bit spendy
5. 4 Bladed Wood Stove Fan By Cwlakon (Product #2021-01FU-4-27101)
- Dimensions: 11 x 15 x 12.5 cm
- Weight: 680 grams
- Material: Aluminium
The fifth best stove fan is the 4 Bladed Wood Burning Stove Fan By Cwlakon. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
Our fifth pick is the Fan Small Operation Thermometer Fireplace Distribution. Very compact, this stove fan sits at a height of around 199 mm and operates at a very low temperature. It can generate maximum air flow which has been out as being 70% more than what is being offered by competitor stoves fans.
It comes with a good height of around 199mm which includes the blade and a width of approximately 180mm. Its blade width measures around 110mm while the plate depth is 75mm. You will like its outstanding performance since it can even operate at a rate of around 420 feet of air per minute and starts without batteries or external power.
It comes with a thermally controlled actuator, which is responsible for its optimum performance and protection from overheating when working in highest temperatures. Besides, the fan has maximum motor life, balance and output. Being a 4 blade fan, it can operate at a temperature between the starting temperature of 80° and maximum temperature of 250° Celsius.
Our reviewer loved how effective and reliable this long-lasting fan is. It offers a 1-year warranty, which is nice (if a bit low in terms of time), and is quite effective. Once again, it doesn’t need electricity, which also makes it quite efficient. ITs big downside is that it’s a bit spendy, which once again, isn’t that expensive, sitting at only £41.99 at the time of publication.
- Very reliable, effective and long lasting stoves fans.
- Operates at a rate of around 420 feet of air per minute
- Offers a 365 day warranty to boost buyer’s confidence.
- Overheating protection system prevents damage when working in high temperatures.
- These great fans can heat the room completely and control the room temperatures using air flow.
- These fans have good construction and a thermally controlled actuator is included.
- Includes a magnetic stove thermometer
- Reviews don’t like that the larger price has been a significant drawback for buyers as it is costly.
6. Environment Friendly Stove Fan By Umamu (Product #SF-334)
- Dimensions: 18 x 7.5 x 18 cm
- Weight: 540 grams
- Material: Anodised aluminium
The sixth best-buy thermometer stove top fan is the Environment-Friendly Stove Fan By Umamu. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
The silent operation 4 blades heat powered fireplaces fan is one of the wood-burning stove fans on top of the stove that works as much like a machine. Known to be able to self-power itself with no need of any battery or external source, this stoves fan can work at a low operating temperature. Regardless of the cold, this good fan is still able to deliver the optimal result as it generates heat produced from its base that will power the fan’s engine.
It is built with anodised aluminium with a starting temperature of 50°C and air flow of 270 cubic feet of air per minute. With some stove fans known to make a lot of noise while in use, this particular stove fan is known to be a silent working one. It is compactly designed and easy-to-use and has a safety device located at its base which prevents overheating when working with high temperatures.
This safety device helps to keep the fan at a moderate operating temperature making it safe. Also, the design of the unique blades of the fan is even another stand out feature. This design makes it easy for the fan to work quietly and for air to flow.
Our reviewer couldn’t find much that was wrong with this fan. Its only real downside is the cost, which (as with the past three) isn’t that high, at only £45.99 at the time of publication. It’s got nice safety precautions and is compact, quiet, and efficient. The 1-year warranty is nice as well – though a bit short.
- Compactly built, excellent style and performance
- Includes a safety device located at its base which prevents overheating when working with high temperatures as well as a thermometer.
- Little safety precaution is needed to fully maximise these stove fans
- One year warranty included
- These great fans can distribute the warm air and heat around the room and control a certain temperature using air flow.
- No noise as these fans can operate silently with an air flow of 270 cubic feet of air per minute
- Reviews say that the price is a significant drawback that puts people off
7. Self Powered Stove Fan By Netta (Product #NT-4bladestovefan)
- Dimensions: 21.7 x 18.4 x 13.9 cm
- Weight: 700 grams
- Material: Anodised aluminium and plastic
The seventh best-buy stove top fan is the Self Powered Stove Fan By Netta. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
The Netta Self Powered Fireplace Circulation is a stove fan that doesn’t require batteries or any external source for it to be powered on, it is powered by the heat. It is a very long-lasting option for homeowners who want to save some costs of getting a stove fan but who still want something with top class.
It comes with a thermoelectric module that acts as a small generator and converts the temperature of the stove to electricity. It then transfers the heat generated electricity to the fan’s motor. This stove fan comes with a range of necessary attachments needed while still being affordable. It is built with an advanced anodised aluminium material, which helps in securing the base of the fan as well as a blade from wear and tear thereby extending its life span.
Our reviewer quite enjoyed this fan. It’s a nice budget fan, and the 1-year warranty is quite nice. The fan heats rooms quickly and quietly, and it comes with a gas stove attachment, making it quite easy to use with other types of stoves. Unfortunately, though, it lacks safety features, and the plastic bits are quite easy to damage.
- These fans come with every gas stove fan attachment needed to be suitable to all stoves.
- These great fans can heat the room and keep the desired room temperature using air flow.
- Made from top class anodised aluminium material, it is very enduring.
- Reviews praise the one year warranty that is included
- No safety features
- Easy to damage
8. Premium Log Burner & Stove Fan By Valiant (Product #FIR361)
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 17.8 x 20.3 cm
- Weight: 721 grams
- Material: Aluminium
The eighth best stove fan is the Premium Log Burner & Stove Fan By Valiant. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
Our 8th pick on this top ten review is the Valiant Premium IV 4 Blade heat powered stove fan. These log stove fans are known for their excellent style and effectiveness. Coming in a compact style, this wood burning stove top fan can work at an operating temperature of around 45 degrees Celsius with no battery or an external power source.
The base of this Valiant fan is where heat is being conducted through and converted to electricity, which is powering the silent motor of the fan. Asides its design, this wood-burning stove top fan is very long-lasting with an anodised finish that automatically causes the stove fan to spoil when the heat burns out.
This is one of the most durable wood-burning stoves fans that can be used both in homes and hubs. There is a built-in protection system to stop the fan from overheating when dealing with higher temperatures. It has an anodised finish, and its well-engineered construction makes it generate maximum airflow.
Our reviewer found this to be a quite quality device, especially given its slightly high price. It operates near silently, efficiently, and heats rooms near-effortlessly. While it’s a bit expensive compared to others in this list (£49.98 at the time of publication), it’s worth the cost.
- Well designed blades to allow for comfortable and reliable use.
- Works excellently with no batteries required or an external source.
- This Valiant model operates silently without any form of disturbance.
- These great stove fans can heat the room to desired temperatures and keep the room temperature constant using air flow.
- Price is high.
9. 3 Bladed Double Stove Fan By Vonhaus (Product #14/061)
- Dimensions: 30 x 9 x 20 cm
- Weight: 1.2 kg
- Material: Aluminium and plastic
Ninth place goes to the 3 Bladed Double Stove Fan By Vonhaus. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
Yet another product of VonHaus but this time it is the VonHaus Blade Stove Fan Circulation that makes it to the 9th spot. Known to be a very reliable and compactly designed stove fan, it will offer you all the comfort you need of a stove fan while using one. Very affordable, you can go for this stove fan when you want something elementary.
It comes as a manual stove with twin blades with a thermoelectric module that generates power for the fan’s motor. This stove fan operates between 60 degrees and 350 degrees C and even circulates at a rate between 250 CFM (cubic feet of air per minute) and 320 CFM. It has a safety feature that makes it easy to use, and its simplicity, as well as compactness, make it stand out among the rest.
Our reviewer was torn on this guy. On one hand, it’s quite compact and easy to use. It is quite efficient and easy to use, but its warranty (which normally is a bonus) isn’t very comprehensive, rendering it near-useless. Nonetheless, this fan is pretty darn good.
- Compact style and comprehensiveness as well as great blades in one single piece.
- These fans can heat the room to desired temperatures and maintain the room temperature range using air flow.
- A great manual is provided that allows you easily disassemble when cleaning.
- Circulates at a rate between 250 and 320 cubic feet of air per minute
- 2 years warranty included makes a difference when considering the price
- Reviews say that the warranty plan provided for in this unit seems not to be comprehensive enough.
10. Eco Friendly Stove Fan By Voda (Product #VDSF633B)
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 12.5 x 12.5 cm
- Weight: 700 grams
- Material: Cast iron
Tenth place goes to the Eco-Friendly Stove Fan By Voda. We gave it a 4/5 star rating.
The 10th pick on this top ten list is the 12.5cm height powered first burner stove ecofan. This fan for wood burning stove comes from a very reliable name and can be trusted among the many stove fans that are made available. It offered the user a versatile option as it comes in a size that keeps you secured while using it.
Included in the package of this stove fan is a manual that makes it easy for you to understand the working of the fan for wood stovetops. Coming at such an affordable price, you are able to purchase this powered wood burners fan at a minimal budget. The fan base is made from anodised material which keeps it protected.
Included in the package is a manual that aids ease of use, and has four blades of many different types and sizes. Its rigidity, stability, compactness, comfortability and durability are some of the reasons it is one of the most sought-after products in the market right now.
Our reviewer quite liked this stove fan. It’s made of durable cast iron, making it quite long-lasting. It also consumes very little energy, and is quite affordable, despite how easily it heats rooms. Unfortunately, it lacks safety features and tends to malfunction over time according to some reviewers, though ours didn’t experience this issue.
- This room stove fan consumes less energy but still works effectively
- Comes in an innovative style making it very attractive for a low price.
- These fans can heat the rooms evenly to desired temperatures and keep the room temperature constant using air flow.
- It is very long-lasting and works silently without any disturbance.
- Customer reviews say that this electric stove fan begins to malfunction after a long while of use.
- Lacks safety features
Stove Fan Buying Guide
The best thing about having a weather station is that it can help you make a rough prediction about the temperature. For warm temperatures, setting up a trampoline and inflatable hot tub would be great, so is using a BBQ smoker for some delicious meat outdoors. If the patio is dirty, smoking the meat can be unhygienic, get a pressure washer, or use a garden hose to clean up first.
For cold temperatures, you would need to stay indoors and enjoy the warmth from a stove fan. A stove fan is a great energy saver, making it convenient to use at any time. We will show you how to choose the best stove fan.
What You Need To Know
The Stability and Rigidity of the Stove Fan
When purchasing a stove fan regardless of the type or the size, you have to take into account the stability and the rigidity of the stove fan to be able to hold whatever is being placed on it without it falling off. For the dimensions, you can consider the large stove fan above the small fan as it is likely to be much more stable and rigid. However, due to a specific need, you might not have to go for any of the two; instead, you could opt for mini stove fans.
Where the Inlet Connection Is Situated
The position of the in let connection is also a factor to be considered when purchasing stovetop fans. You have to be sure that the inlet connection is situated in a place that is comfortable for you to be able to switch on and switch off the gas burner easily.
When the inlet connection is not in the right position especially when it doesn’t favour your hand type, you might have to suffer some inconvenience while using that stove-top fan all the time.
Take Note of the Gas Consumption and Energy Saving Abilities
It depends on how much you can afford, but regardless of whether it is a heat powered fan or an eco stove fan, you will always want to consider how much fuel it consumes. You should also be able to find out how well it is able to save energy.
Some wood burning stove fans do not waste as much gas as others do the same way some heat powered stove fans are good at conserving energy than some others as well.
To be able to detect the consumption and energy saving abilities of a stove fan, you need to have a knowledge of many different types of stove top fans ranging from the wood stove fan to the thermoelectric fan.
The ISI Certification of the Stove Fan
To start, every stove fan before being used needs to go through an ISI certification. This certification runs all stovetop fans and logs burner fan through a process. This process determines it being fit or otherwise to be used. If it fits the test, it is issued an ISI certification that proves this. It is always essential that you check for the ISI certification of the stove fan before purchasing it.
Check the Product’s Finish
The products finish is very necessary when purchasing stove fans. This is because the finish of the unit says a lot about the quality of the material that was used, the reliability as well as the durability. What you desire of the stove is what you should look for in its finish
The Design and Ease of Maintenance
In more recent times where new gas has replaced the more traditional stove fans, everyone has begun considering the design. More often than not, these utensils have been used as a means to establish a fashion statement than just for cooking. So thinking that the gasoline stove fan might probably enhance or reduce the quality of your home’s aesthetics, you might want to take into consideration the build of the gasoline stove when purchasing.
Also, the ease of maintenance is also another factor to consider when getting a log fire fan or the best wood burning stove fan. Regular maintenance is what will help you to keep your stovetop fan in good working condition at all times.
The maintenance rate depends on how easy it is to effect it. This is why it is best that you look for a stove that requires low maintenance to help you save cost and money.
Smooth Operation and Ease of Use
We also recommend you to consider the smooth operation and ease of use of the stove fan. Recently, manufacturers of wood burner fans have included in its package manual guide that will provide users with all the necessary information and guide to make use of the stove fan.
This is good because it will make it easy for beginners to use the fan for wood burner safely.
What Are the Different Features?
To start, there are certain features that people find handy when purchasing the a stove fan and they include:
- The number of blades the stove fan has: With stove fans varying in the number of blades they possess, many people have preferred to look for the 4 blade stove fan. This is thereabouts the most effective stove fan that you can have and use.
- The eco-friendliness of the stove fan is also a handy feature people consider when purchasing. This is because an economy-friendly stove fan is always very easy and safe to use than others.
Stove Fan Buying FAQs
Q: How safe is it to buy a gasoline stove online?
A: The safety of purchasing a gasoline stove online depends on the reputation of the online store you are purchasing the gasoline stove from. Stores like Amazon have proven themselves to be a top class and trustworthy store offering many products to users globally. The comfort at which you can place an order and receive your item is another advantage of purchasing online.
Q: The manual or automatic ignition, which is best when purchasing a gasoline stove?
A: For start, it is best to go for the automatic ignition except if for a specific purpose, you need otherwise. With the electronic ignition, you can save yourself some stress of constantly igniting the gasoline. When you consider the safety of use, the stove gasoline with the manual ignition has always been more prone to accidents than those with automatic fire.