Last Updated on May 9, 2021
For many people, good Wi-Fi has gone from being a favourable luxury to an absolute necessity. Considering how our current conditions have amplified remote working significantly, it’s safe to say that the demand for better Wi-Fi has risen accordingly. If you’re tired of your router distributing the internet disproportionally or are simply annoyed with your narrow Wi-Fi range, then an extension for Wi-Fi is just what you need. Read below to find the best Wi-Fi extenders so you can finally finish that project without leaving the comfort of your working desk, living room sofa or bedroom area.
Compatibility: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standards of router or gateway.
Coverage Range: 609 metres (1000 ft).
Special Feature: Range extender mode.
Compatibility: IEEE802.11n/g/b 2.4GHz routers, modems and access points.
Coverage Range: 100 metres (656 ft).
Special Feature: Smart lights.
Compatibility: 802.11a, 802.11g and 802.11n routers and modems.
Coverage Range: 609 metres (1000 ft).
Special Feature: AP mode setting.
Compatibility: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n routers.
Coverage Range: 100-150 metres (328-492 ft).
Special Feature: tpPLC phone application.
The Best Wi-Fi Boosters Reviewed In 2021
The best Wi-Fi booster of 2021 is the 5 & 2.4 GHz, dual-band model by HYWEELL. This incredible WiFi signal booster operates with a speed of up to 1200 Mbps, whereas it supports a rate of 300 Mbps for the 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps for 5 GHz, respectively. The dual-band WiFi range extender is expertly designed to eliminate dead area and improve the reach of your existing Wi-Fi signal, giving you a broader coverage in seconds.
The Wi-Fi range extender covers a space of 609 metres (2000 ft), which is ideal for larger households or workplaces. Supplied with four rotatable external antennas, the Wi-Fi blaster can also produce a more stable signal on top of its broader coverage. You can also use its range extender mode, which boosts Wi-Fi signal to areas that are harder to wire and reach. And because of its high compatibility with all standards of router and gateway, you won’t have to worry about the range extender’ ability to match your home devices – because it will.
- It doesn’t require any software to install.
- It allows you to link up to 10 devices easily.
- It supports a strong pass-through to two walls, resulting in reliable data transmission.
- It contains ventilation holes in both sides, thus increasing heat dissipation of the device.
- Some people reported that they found issues with its indicator lights.
- It was reported that its 2.4 GHz signal was more reliable than its 5 GHz counterpart.
For the best WiFi extenders, it is important to note that they excel at applying a wide range of coverage that is otherwise impossible to reach. That is a principle that was expertly matched by Geatzer’s 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi boost extender; a model that supplies a perfectly extended Wi-Fi signal in all previously inaccessible household areas. The device can be efficiently used with any router or access point to extend and stabilise the wireless network connection quickly.
The plug-in WiFi booster is designed with some handy indicator lights that can help you find the best WiFi extender position. The WiFi unit will let you know whether the present location emits a good signal (green light) or weak signal (red light). The range extenders’ thermal design prevents the intrusion of dust, while dissipating the heat to ensure that the device is always stable. Lastly, the Wi-Fi extender has been proven to be suitable with a bandwidth speed of up to 300 MPs, so it will put the dead zones in your house down for good.
- It’s equipped with an ethernet port for connecting external devices.
- It’s shipped with two external antennas that warrant a more stable signal.
- Its heat dissipation holes are located on either side, fastening the overall process.
- It supports a WPA and WPA2 wireless network.
- Some customers reported that the device crashes unexpectedly.
- It must be installed with a setup procedure through a smartphone or PC, which may be of an inconvenience.
If your idea of a good booster for internet lies on the broad WiFi extenders range, then this model by Victure is your best choice. The high-speed Wi-Fi extender supports an overall bandwidth speed of 1200 Mpbs while employing a dual-frequency for a more extended network. Specifically, the 2.4 GHz range applies a rate of 300 Mbps which is stable, while the 5 GHz one goes up to 867 Mbps, being both faster and more reliable.
As with the best Wi-Fi extenders, this device also serves an ethernet port that makes the wired connection possible; and an AP mode setting that allows you to use the WiFi boost as an access point. The double antennas within the extender along with its anti-interference construction help to obliterate the house’s dead zones while promoting a more extensive signal range. You won’t have to worry about the router overheating either, as it equips the range extender with two vents that dissipate the heat effectively.
- It comes with a one-year warranty by Victure.
- It can either be installed by using the WPS button or connecting it through a smartphone or PC device.
- It contains an ethernet port and an AP mode.
- It is compact-sized while employing a very modern design.
- Several customers noted that its provided user manual was unclear.
- Some users reported that its connection is unstable.
Are you among those who believe that well-known companies provide the best Wi-Fi extenders with expertise on the field? If so, you’ll be pleased to know that TP-Link has designed a fantastic extender that can distribute up to 300 Mbps to areas in your home or office that were previously impossible to reach. The Wi-Fi range extender also has two integrated Ethernet ports that provide a reliable high-speed wired connection for all your consoles or other home devices.
This extension for WiFi is also HomePlug AV standard compliant, meaning that it can promote a stable and high-speed data transfer rate throughout the house’s power supply. That is why the TP-Link range extenders are best suited for Ultra HD streaming and online gaming, as they prevent lag and unnecessary flickering. Its compatible smartphone app (tpPLC) also allows you to control the wireless network, set schedules and even control the LED indicators on your adapters from your device.
- It comes with a three-year warranty by TP-Link.
- It has a Wi-Fi Clone button that simplifies the configuration.
- Its plug, pair and play function are both easy to set and use.
- It has received a value award from AVForums in 2013 and a value award from Hardware Heaven in 2014.
- Some customers have reported that its firmware upgrade resulted in the device malfunctioning.
Amongst the series of the best Wi-Fi extenders available is also this fantastic model by COMFAST being both easy to install and efficient in promoting a functioning variability that’s unmatched for. One of the most significant advantages of this Wi-Fi range extender lies because it functions based on three different modes. You can either use it as an access point, Wi-Fi repeater, or even an internet router; and it will surely not disappoint.
This model of range extenders supplies fast and reliable connectivity that can support speeds of up to 300 Mbps, whether it is a wired or wireless connection. The extenders’ compact-sized wall mount design is also easy to set up while holding the ability to be connected to all regular wall outlets. The WiFi range extender is very easy to install too, either by the WPS button (secure connection) or manually through a portable device.
- It includes two external antennas for a more stable and reliable connection.
- It’s high gain dual antennas provide better wireless performance.
- It contains three LED lights for the network, WPS and power buttons.
- Good value for money.
- Several customers have noted that it reduces the overall network connectivity.
Another contender for the best Wi-Fi extenders position is the AC1750 tri-band model by TP-Link, because of its high favorability rate among Amazon customers. Compatible with all standard protocols (802.11ac), this extender is undoubtedly one of the best choices for those who prefer a broader Wi-Fi range with their devices. According to the manufactures, the tri-band boosters’ WiFi can access up to 1750 Mbps, which is quite competitive for the standard.
The Wi-Fi range extender can also be used as an independent wireless adapter to connect to wired devices such as smart TVs or game consoles. To help you find the optimal Wi-Fi coverage, the WiFi range extender also supplies smart indicator lights that light up when the best signal strength is reached. This range of tri-band Wi-Fi extenders also uses one-button encryption that quickly sets up the connection with your local network within seconds – giving you both security and comfort.
- It’s designed with a dual-frequency, supporting both 2.4 GHz (reliable) and 5 GHz (faster).
- It has a tri-band build that efficiently enhances the extended network.
- It has a dedicated tether app for easy setup and control.
- Its heat dissipation vents help cool off the device, so it runs smoothly.
- People living in community houses and flats might experience some issues with the interference of signals.
- Some customers reported that they experienced a frequent drop-out in the extenders’ signal.
TP-Link scores once again, and this time in the form of a dual-band Wi-Fi range extender that left most (if not all) users satisfied. The extenders’ petite size and compact design make them ideal for easy deploys while giving flexibility with movement. The N300 Wi-Fi range extender by TP-Link has a simplistic control panel, with easy-readable buttons that showcase power, wireless and reset settings. Its one-touch connection also promotes a light range that helps you find the best Wi-Fi range in your preferred position, giving you the full package of an ideal Wi-Fi range.
The range extenders’ LED panel also includes a night mode that’s not intrusive and annoying, warranting to not interfere with your sleeping schedule. The WiFi extender also uses a profile function that remembers networks that were previously paired with the router, thus eliminating the need of a constant reset. And last but not least, the TP-Link Wi-Fi range extender is also supported with a Tether app that promotes easy access and management of the device using any mobile phone.
- It comes with a three-year warranty by TP-Link.
- Its dead-zone killer feature extends the wire-signal to previously unreachable spots.
- It’s set up with a smooth one-touch operation that only takes seconds.
- It supports a speed rate of 300 Mbps.
- It doesn’t have any ethernet ports.
- It doesn’t have a WPS button, posing some issues with encryption and security.
Next in line of the best Wi-Fi extenders is NETGEAR’s EX2700 model that is a fan favourite among those who prefer a more straightforward WiFi range extender as opposed to the ‘fancy’ ones. This incredible WiFi range extender effortlessly connects up to 10 devices while providing a bandwidth speed of up to 300 Mbps. For compatibility, there’s also nothing for you to worry about, since this model of extenders is suitable for any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with Wi-Fi.
Being one of the best Wi-Fi range extender devices in terms of safety and security, the EX2700 extender is also compatible with all WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols. The devices’ setup process is as easy as can be, since all that’s required is pressing the WPS button to connect to your router. For finding the optimal location, the extender allows you to use the Wi-Fi analyser that poses as a very beneficial feature within the Wi-Fi range extenders’ build.
- It has an ethernet port that supplies a 10/100 m speed rate.
- It works with any router for hassle-free reliability.
- It has a convenient factory reset button that helps you keep the device in check.
- It’s compatible with the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Analytics App that optimises your Wi-Fi network.
- Some consumers reported that its configuring was more complex than the standard extenders’.
- Its customer support was not ideal either.
The best Wi-Fi extenders are (rightly) assessed by regarding their coverage and speed – a duo that is perfectly balanced within this BrosTrend product. Specifically, the Wi-Fi range extender connects up to 20 devices while applying its simultaneous extended speed of 867 Mbps on 5 GHz and 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz. Amazon also conned this series of Wi-Fi extenders as the best boost for Sky Wi-Fi, which is another plus for UK customers.
Because of its many advantages in both scope and speed, this Wi-Fi range extender is ideal for stopping buffering and lag both video games and online 4K movie watching. By following the example of the best Wi-Fi range extenders, the AC1200 device applies a smart LED indicator that blinks when positioned in the optimal location for a better Wi-Fi range. The manufacturers have also simplified the installation process since all it takes is pressing the WPS button and letting the extender take the wheel.
- It is compatible with all wireless routers or ISP gateways on the market.
- It comes with a two-year warranty by BrosTrend.
- It has a fast ethernet port that’s ideal for game consoles.
- It supports an AP mode to create another WiFi network.
- The Wi-Fi range is somewhat insufficient in different floors as opposed to wider areas.
- Some customers reported that they had issues with the WPS method and had to resort with the manual one.
Considering the full utilisation within this WiFi range extender, it is safe to say that it is among the best budget-friendly choices out there. You can use this range extender in repeater mode by granting a wireless network, or an AP mode in the form of a wired connection. Thanks to its integrated active chipset and built-in antennas, the Aigital WiFi extender will allow you to browse the internet on all areas of your house safely.
The functional WiFi extender was also designed with a simple and hassle-free setup because all that’s required to get it running is pressing the WPS button on the centre. Another critical thing to note is that the compact-sized WiFi range extender fully complies with the IEEE 802.11b/g/n standard, so it should work correctly with any 2.4 GHz modem or router. Its bandwidth speed also reaches the transmission rate of 300 Mbps, warranting to best match your online surfing, downloading or streaming demands.
- It uses a handy control panel designed with LED button lights for power, WiFi, WPS and LAN settings.
- It includes a high-speed ethernet port.
- You can make its wireless configuration through the smartphone.
- Best budget-friendly option.
- Its construction is rather flimsy.
- Several customers noted that the setup instructions provided weren’t the same as the ones required (as found on the web).
A Wi-Fi range extender can be a real lifesaver, as long as you find the right one for your device. If you have found an extender unit that’s the best fitting for your requirements, you must first make sure it’s compatible with your router network. This is usually a ‘satisfaction-guarantee’ since they manufacture the same brand devices to comply with their respective configurations, and there isn’t much to think about. However, if you buy a universal tool that’s simpler and more straightforward, there are a few things you should note.
2 GHz or 5 GHz
These values refer to the frequency and bandwidth range that an extender emits. The 5 GHz offers faster data rates but at a shorter distance.
It is typically compatible with most new devices, but older PCs, Laptops or Tablets might not pick up its signal. The 2 GHz range provides coverage for more extensive distances but is generally slower. It is suitable for all Wi-Fi adapters on all data-friendly devices.
The best extenders contain both frequency ranges, but a singular one will work just and long as your primary router has the same specifications.
IEEE 802.11 a, b, g, n
The golden value presented here supports the universality of the extender. If your product contains either of those letters, it means that it’s compatible with the most current routers and it will work perfectly on distributing the internet on your home network.
Considering how no matter how good an extender’s Wi-Fi range is, it will never match the bandwidth size obtained by a wired connection.
That’s why it’s essential for your device to have one (or more) Ethernet port that allows you to either connect it with an external device or use it in AP mode.
A smart LED feature in a Wi-Fi extender refers to the device’s ability to let you know when you reach the optimal location for Wi-Fi extending. These lights will frequently blink or flicker when they’re positioned in the best spot where they can receive the ideal range of signal from your router and emit the amplified one through the house.
Q: Which WiFi extender is best?
A: The best WiFi extender of 2021 is the 5 & 2.4 GHz, dual-band model by HYWEELL thanks to its broad WiFi range and high bandwidth connectivity rate
Q: Do WiFi boosters work?
A: Yes, they certainly do. A good Wi-Fi extender will double the WiFi range emitted from your router, resulting in fewer dead zones and more efficient internet distribution. The best WiFi range extenders also serve as individual access points, offering more convenience on the go.
Q: How does a WiFi blaster work?
A: WiFi blasters work by receiving the existing signal from your router, amplifying it through the extender and then transmitting the boosted signal outwards. WiFi range extenders enhance the network connection in your household in how the WiFi range can reach multiple floors, different corners of the home and even backyards or gardens.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In