Last Updated on September 22, 2021
Cleaning the windows can be a challenging and dreadful task, which we all try to avoid up to an extent. But this avoidance can become problematic when all we that we can see from these windows is dirty grime that won’t let us spy on our neighbours. Thankfully, science has brought us window vacuums that not only make the cleaning process more manageable, but they also provide a streak-free shine.
By examining the best window vac reviews, we have put together a list containing the ten most-rated products of 2021, along with a short guide for choosing your best vacuum cleaner for windows.
Discover The Best Window Vacuum Cleaner Reviews Of 2021
The best window vacuum cleaner is Karcher’s anniversary edition kit. Karcher has provided with the best window vacs for more than ten years, so you can rest assured that the brand won’t disappoint. This window cleaning vacuum set comes with two 17 cm & 28 cm suction heads, one spray bottle kit with a microfiber cloth and a 20 ml tank for the detergent. The best window vac can clean up to 75 windows on a single charge, so efficiency is also granted.
These window cleaning machines operate with a more extended run time compared to its renowned WV2 model so that you can clean up to 150 m² with much ease. The best window vac also employs a charging time of 185 minutes, which is significantly shorter than its competitors’. You may use the Karcher window vacuums on any glassy surface like mirrors, tiles or even Velux windows. This windows vacuum cleaner is also great for removing condensation from hard to clean areas (ex. shower screens), so you can make the best out of the device.
- It has relatively long battery life.
- It has a very strong suction power.
- It is very lightweight, so it makes for easy use.
- Its narrow suction head is great for hard-to-reach areas.
- It has a quiet operation.
- It isn’t the best on cleaning limescale build-up.
- Its empty-plug feature makes the taking out of the dirty water difficult.
When we talk about window cleaners, Karcher will rightfully get a double spot. The handy and ergonomic WV2 model is among the best window vacs currently on the market. These standalone vacuum cleaners include a 28 cm cleaning blade, a microfibre cleaning head, a standard spray bottle and a detergent concentrate of 20 ml. The convenient window vac has a run time of 25 minutes on a single charge, which is roughly equal to about 55 windows at a time.
The WV2 model operates with an incredibly powerful suction that vacuums off dirt, stains and grime while condensing it into the water on a separate tank. Thanks to its convenient design, the dirty water can be removed at any time of the cleaning process, giving you more manoeuvrability on the go. Another great feature that may make this unit the best window vac is that it hosts an LCD display indicating the remaining battery life. This way, you will know when the charge time approaches, without having to stop your streak-free cleaning midway.
- It has a charge time of just two hours.
- It can clean about 75 m² of windows on a single charge.
- It has an ergonomic handle for easier cleaning.
- It has an easy-to-empty water tank.
- It is powered by two powerful AA lithium-ion batteries.
- Some customers reported that their units encountered problems with the charging.
- It is prone to streaking with condensed windows.
Our third best window vac set comes from Bosch, and it includes two wiper blades, two microfibre cloths, one wrist strap and one spray bottle. As opposed to the previous Karcher models, the GlassVac is charged by a micro USB port that can come to a full charge for about 130 minutes. The fantastic range of window vacs can clean any glass surface and remove stains on both internal and external windows, tiles, mirrors or even shower screens.
As for its capacity, this practical window vacuum can handle a run time of 20 minutes which is equal to about 35 windows. To give you more variability, the Bosch set includes a large 26 cm suction head and a small one measuring 13 cm. This way, you can deliver a streak-free clean on expansive windows while effortlessly cleaning hard-to-reach areas too. The Bosch window vac also has a sizeable dirty water tank, so your wiping won’t be interrupted until you’re done.
- It is incredibly durable.
- It comes with a one-year warranty by Bosch.
- It has a convenient LED display for the battery life indicator.
- It functions with Bosch’s wiper blade technology.
- It charges through an innovative micro USB port.
- Some customers found that its water tank is prone to leaking.
- Its handle is somewhat uncomfortable when cleaning outdoor windows
Among the best window vacs of 2021 is also INTEY’s rechargeable cleaning set that is just as practical as it is functional. The 12 W window vacuums weigh only about 800 grams and employ a very convenient design that makes for a perfect and easy cleaning. The rechargeable window vac set comes with two suction outlets, one of which has a narrow nozzle of just 17 cm. This is ideal for handling the edges of shower screens, windows or tiles that when combined with INTEY’s microfibre cloth, will provide with the best streak-free results.
Its 2000 mAh lithium-ion battery can get fully charged in about 2.5 hours, and it can sustain its battery life for a run time of 40 minutes. This is best suited for commercial purposes on areas as large as 130 m² because it guarantees that it can get stuff done. The streak-free runtime is further maintained by INTEY’s large dirty water tank that will keep you running for as long as your stamina permits you to. And that won’t be a problem either, since this fantastic window vac will cut your cleaning time in half so you can enjoy the rest of the day.
- It comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty by INTEY.
- It can be used on horizontal or overhead surfaces.
- It has a comfortable 360° usability.
- Its components are very easy to clean.
- It has a convenient removable water tank.
- Some customers reported that they received missing parts.
- It doesn’t have the best suction force.
If you want to get a budget-friendly product without having to worry about brand reliability, TACKLIFE’s cordless window vac may be the best choice for you. The efficient window cleaner is combined with a 28 cm blade, one spray bottle and two micro-fibre cloths. Thanks to its highly persistent operation, the TACKLIFE window vac will clean a general area of 105 m² or 35 windows in one single charge.
The renowned window vacuums have a battery life of 30 minutes which can come in quite handy when dealing with spring cleaning or commercial use. Another great advantage to this range of window vacs is its copper wire motor that not only grants a higher suction power but ensures that the unit will sustain its durability for extended periods too. This way, you can rest assured that you will be investing in a long-term solution for your windows’ cleanliness.
- It comes with a two-year warranty by TACKLIFE.
- Its spray bottle has three adjustable jetting modes.
- It employs a low-noise operation.
- It has a large 150 ml water tank with measuring marks.
- It functions with a 20 W motor, so it has a powerful suction.
- It doesn’t have a narrow nozzle for hard-to-reach windows.
- It takes some trial and error to achieve streak-free results.
- Some customers experienced problems with its power adaptor.
The Vileda windomatic power cleaner is as good as it gets. The simple yet effective window vac has earned a surplus of positive reviews from Amazon users because it is a pain-free solution to grimy, condensed windows, tiles and shower screens. The Vileda windomatic employs a functional design that operates with a flexible neck to reach all areas of your home. After you’re done with the cleaning, you can easily detach the water tank, remove the dirty water and get put the container in the dishwasher so it can be ready for next use.
The Vileda windomatic power cleaner weighs just about 650 grams, so you will barely feel it on your hand as it does its charm. Even though the window vac is relatively small, it was built to employ a significantly potent suction force that was divided into two settings. The first mode can be used for dusty and condensed windows, whereas its max setting (with a 50% stronger force) is ideal for stubborn stains, limescale build-up or grime.
- It has long battery life.
- Its water tank is dishwasher safe.
- It cleans up to 12 windows on a single charge.
- It is very lightweight and convenient to use.
- It has two power modes for more variability.
- It doesn’t have a small nozzle for narrow spots.
- It doesn’t have a spray bottle.
If standalone window vacs don’t make you happy, this full-package cleaning kit by BEAUTURAL certainly will. The fashionable set includes a sturdy window vac, a large suction nozzle (28.5 cm), a multi-purpose spray bottle and a high-grade microfibre cloth. The window vacuum is constructed with sturdy ABS plastic polymer, which is one of the most durable materials on the market. This way, you’ll know that the window vac will aid you for quite some time.
The BEAUTURAL window vac operates with a 12 W motor to provide a streak-free deep clean on all your glassy surfaces. The unit can be brought to a full charge in just about three hours, which will then serve for a total of 35 minutes of continuous use. Several customers noted that they didn’t even need the full run time because the provided spray bottle and microfibre cover make the entire cleaning process run as smoothly as possible.
- It comes with a two-year warranty by BEAUTURAL.
- Its spray nozzle has an adjustable setting for streaming and spraying modes.
- Its water tank is very easy to remove and clean.
- It promotes streak-free finish in both vertical and horizontal use.
- It weighs just about 800 grams, so it’s very easy to handle.
- It doesn’t come with a narrow nozzle for edges.
- It doesn’t do well with dusty windows.
The Tower TWV20 is one of our favourite picks when it comes to suction force because it uses a powerful 20 W motor to get all the stubborn stains out of windows, mirrors, screens or tiles. The 770-gram window vac hosts a high-grade lithium-ion battery that can be fully charged in three hours. This battery life is sufficient for a run time of 30 minutes, so you should be able to finish your large windows, shower screens and kitchen tiles, all in one go.
The Tower window vacuum includes a spray bottle with a capacity of 300 ml, so you can get your favourite detergents that help you gain an ideal outcome. To help with the cleaning process, this window vac also combines a 150 ml water tank that is not only easily-detachable but very handy too. If the promised streak-free results aren’t achieved, you can use the provided microfibre cloth that will effortlessly wipe the leftover stains in a matter of seconds.
- Good value for money.
- It comes with a three-year warranty by Tower.
- It is very lightweight.
- It has a very comfortable handle.
- It has a visible water tank, so water removal is more accessible.
- Its charging port is rather flimsy.
- It’s prone to leaving rubber stains on the windows.
- Some customers reported that its water tank tends to leak.
For all of you lovely readers who kept wondering why these window vacs don’t have a telescope attached to them, we present the practical vacuum kit by MVPower. The fantastic unit does not only include a telescopic rod and a high-grade vacuum but a spray bottle, suction nozzle and two microfibre cloths as well. The 10 W window vac measures at 40 cm and weighs at 900 grams, but its handling is surprisingly comfortable.
These window vacs need to be charged for about 3.5 hours and can be used continuously for 25 minutes on the high-grade mode and 35 minutes on the low-grade one. These modes represent the suction force that this vacuum operates with, and they may be adjusted to the individual needs of each glassy surface in your home. The suction nozzle in this vacuum measures at 28 cm, which means that you can clean the windows before your kids even wake up and start staining them all over again.
- Its telescopic rod has retractable stainless steel sticks.
- It has an automatic self-cleaning feature.
- It has a smart button for cleaning modes and power settings.
- It has a double-sided scraper that can easily be replaced.
- It has a large 200 ml water reservoir.
- It doesn’t have a smaller nozzle for narrow areas.
- It is heavier than standard window vacs.
- It has a rather loud operation.
For our last window vacuum, we have decided to present a simpler model that may best suit your remote needs. Beldray’s BEL0749 range will get your windows sparkly clean with minimal effort, all thanks to its 10 W motor and sturdy build. The compact-sized window vac has a charging time of 2-3 hours, so you can leave it be while you get other stuff done. When in use, the window vacuum employs a run time of 30 minutes, which is just enough to round-up all your windows, tiles, shower screens, mirrors and even car windows.
The window vac weighs just under 500 grams, so may have a handle that’s as comfortable as can be. The double-ended squeegee head is very ergonomic, as it prevents dripping while dealing with wet surfaces. The window vacuum hosts a 60 ml water reservoir, so you may need to make a few trips to the bathroom to get all the dirty water out. However, this process was designed to be effortless, so you can get back to your streak-free shine in no time.
- Good value for money.
- It comes with a three-year warranty by Beldray.
- It is effortless to use and clean.
- It operates with noise levels lower than 50 dB.
- It is very lightweight, so you can have a comfortable grip.
- It has a small water reservoir.
- It doesn’t have a powerful suction force.
- It’s a standalone vacuum, so it doesn’t have any accessories.
Window Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Cleaning windows is not an easy task, especially when they collect residue from lack of maintenance (hey, we won’t judge!). The window vacuum review has introduced you to the best-reviewed products of 2021, but here are the three most important things you need to note when browsing through your options.
Window vacs come in different shapes and forms. The most common type is the handheld vac that uses a 10-20 W motor to suction dust and debris from windows. The collection of dirt is spilt into a separate (or integrated) water reservoir that is cleaned afterwards. Another model is the telescopic vac that is a lifesaver for large windows. This vac is built of the main base, a suction nozzle and an adjustable rod. The cleaning process is identical to the first models’, but some telescopic vacs also support an upwards motion as opposed to the standard downwards one. This is especially helpful with removing streaks that are more prone to result with telescopic vacs than handheld ones. All in all, a handheld vac is more precise and gives better cleaning results, but a telescopic one is more practical.
Because window vacs are battery-operated, you need to make sure that the product you’re interested in is efficient in its use. For the best-uninterrupted cleaning process, you want to charge your vacuum cleaner fully. For most vacs, the standard charging time is 2.5 hours, which can provide with a run time of 30 minutes. More sophisticated models can support times as long as 45 minutes, but they usually employ a longer charging time as well. Considering how cleaning a set of windows both inside and outside takes about 5 minutes, a unit with a run time of 30 minutes is ideal.
Once you give your cleaning vac a try, you will see that its accessories make the cleaning process much more comfortable and shorter. Firstly, your window vac must have two nozzles: one for large windows and one for small ones. Cleaning edges and getting through to hard-to-reach areas is a pain, so a narrow nozzle can be a real lifesaver.
The same applies to large ones because they cover a wider surface than standard nozzles, so the required cleaning time is cut in half. Spray bottles are also very convenient since they allow for cleansers to be within reach, resulting in overall better cleaning results. Last but not least, we have microfibre cloths that are incredible at collecting and removing dust and residue before the cleaning process starts.
Giving your house a thorough clean?
With lockdown rules and cut-down working hours, there isn’t much to do around the house. If you want to enhance your productivity and contribute to your well-being, you can go on a cleaning frenzy that involves all the family. Why don’t you combine your new window vac with a cordless vacuum or a handheld steam cleaner?
Q: How do you use a window vac?
A: Each cleaning vacuum poses a different model, different components and sometimes even different use. However, most products usually have a base, a suction nozzle, a spraying bottle and a microfibre cloth. Considering that Karcher is the most reliable windows vac manufacturer, their how-to guide on cleaning windows includes these steps:
- The spray bottle needs to be filled with water and preferred detergent. Make sure to use window-exclusive cleaning products as other ones may leave your windows stained.
- Spray the concentrate into the window and agitate using the microfibre cloth. The entire window surface must be reached, so you can have a streak-free clean.
- Start with moving your vacuum cleaner on a downward motion. Most brands design their vacs to be compatible with both vertical and horizontal motions, but some provide with an upwards motion too.
- If your vac has left streaks alongside the window’s surface, grab a clean, dry cloth and get rid of the spots. Voila! You have clean windows.
Q: How does it work?
A: A window vacuum works by using a motor-generated suction force to gather dust, stains, grime and condensation from flat surfaces like windows, mirrors, tiles or other glass exteriors. Most window vacs include a rubber-based nozzle that suctions the dirt from the windows’ exterior and vacuums it into an integrated water reservoir.
Q: What is the best window vac?
A: The best window vac of 2021 is the Anniversary Edition of the WW2 Kärcher window vac model. This unit is renowned for its fast-charge, long run time, efficient use and excellent cleaning results.
Related Articles You May Be Interested In