Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster Review
If you’re in the market for an affordable, effective, and efficient toaster with enough space to fit most toasted treats, then I’ve got great news for you. The Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster is perhaps one of the best toasters that we’ve reviewed – and there are a lot of them. Let’s see what our reviewer had to say, shall we?
- Price: £35.00
- Editor’s Note: At the time of publication this was on a 22% sale – it was originally £44.99.
- Brand: Breville
- Pros: Feature-rich, durable, easy to use, effective, adaptable, simple to clean.
- Cons: None.
- Amazon Listing: Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster
Now there’s no sense in wasting time, so let’s just get right into it, shall we?
Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster: The Ruling
Our reviewer loved this thing. It’s incredibly easy to use and highly feature-rich, making it a fantastic choice for those in need of a well-made, affordable toaster. Our reviewer had quite a bit to say about this thing, so let’s dive right in!
Product Testing & Comparison
- General Use & Application
- Dimensions & Capacity
Now that’s enough of what we looked for – let’s see what our reviewer actually had to say about the thing, yeah?
Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster: Use
Now, this is by far the most important part of any kitchen gadget. The easier it is to use, the better – and that goes for cleaning as well as general use. Our reviewer had quite a bit to say about it so far, so let’s not waste any more time!
General Use & Application
First things first, let’s talk about how easy to use this thing is. This is vital for a number of reasons, but I think you can guess the top one – the harder it is to use, the more burnt toast you get. And nobody wants burnt toast… Right?
Our reviewer found that, in general, this toaster is quite easy to use. It has nine settings for heat and a wide range of other features which we’ll discuss in the Durability & Features section down below.
She did note that the left side lever that controls the two leftmost slots can only be put down if the right one is also down. The right side can go down regardless of how many slots you plan to use.
Seeing as a number of toaster manufacturers seem to think we’re using some sort of “standardised” loaf size, we also thought it was important to test it in terms of versatility with different types of bread. Luckily, our reviewer tested it with a wide range of items, including a crumpet, Warburton toastie bread, and bread cake. Each fit effortlessly into the toaster, and there were no struggles in retrieving them – another important factor. This is improved by the high lift feature (also mentioned below).
And finally, we’re going to talk about cook time. Our reviewer found that most “standard” slices of bread took roughly 1 minute, 40 seconds, while larger ones took as long as 2 minutes, 21 seconds. With the lowest setting, the bread was a little crispy and warm, while the highest setting had it fully toasted and crunchy.
Executive Summary: The Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster is incredibly easy to use and can fit most bread types without burning or getting stuck.
As for cleaning, this thing is quite easy to get cleaned out. It has two crumb trays (one for each side), that come out with minimal effort. All that’s needed afterwards is to pop them back into the toaster after dusting off the crumbs and bam! You’re cooking again.
This is generally a much more in-depth section, but let’s be honest – it’s a toaster. There’s not much you’ll be able to do besides dusting out crumbs and potentially giving the trays a small wipe-down. Nonetheless, this thing is pretty much effortless to clean, ensuring you don’t end up with crumbs all over the place each time you move the thing.
Executive Summary: Our reviewer found that the Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster is incredibly easy to clean thanks to its easily-removed crumb trays. Simply pull them out, wipe them down, and pop that baby back into the toaster.
Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster: Technical
And now we get to the absolutely thrilling section of this review – you know, the nitty-gritty technical details like batteries, weight, and dimensions. Let’s get right into things.
Dimensions & Capacity
Now, this surely isn’t your favourite bit, but it is vital to ensuring a well-made, long-lasting toaster. After all, if it’s larger than you thought, you may end up not having room for it, and that’s just no fun. Now, how big is this thing?
- Length: 11.8 inches (29.9 cm)
- Height:10 inches (25.4 cm)
- Depth: 7.5 inches (19 cm)
- Capacity: 4 slots
In short, this thing is not exactly small, but it’s not so large that it should prove a problem for anyone other than those in small flats or dorms. Its capacity of four (quite large) slots can fit a wide range of foods, as seen above, with no issue.
Executive Summary: Our reviewer found that the Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster is large enough to fit a wide range of bread while remaining relatively compact.
Durability & Features
And now the last, quite in-depth bit. What does this bad boy boast?
- 9 heat settings (browning control)
- The lowest (1) lightly toasted most bread, leaving it slightly crispy, though mostly unchanged in terms of colour. The crumpet we tested was warm, not toasted, when used with this setting.
- The highest (9) setting fully toasted most bread, leaving it crunchy and delicious. Your personal preference in toastiness will determine what setting you need, though.
- 3 defrost settings
- Tested using a frozen tea cake. The tea cake came out well-toasted and hot in 1 minute, 32 seconds. No leftover condensation or moisture from freezing was found – in short, this defrost feature is surprisingly well-done.
- Cancel button
- Works perfectly, stops the heating element when activated.
- Reheat setting
- It reheats some food quite well, though we obviously recommend using your best judgement. (I.e. don’t reheat pasta in this toaster – maybe stick to bread.)
- High lift
- This feature was a major hit with our reviewer. Gone are the days of struggling with a butter knife or other random kitchen object to fish out your toast before it’s burnt to a crisp. Simply use the high lift and remove your food – even if it’s very small or even broken up.
As for durability, our reviewer noted that even though the exterior is plastic, it actually holds up quite well. There’s no hot/burning plastic smell, no warping – nothing. She was pleasantly surprised, especially given she’s never used a non-metal toaster before and was somewhat worried about its sturdiness.
Executive Summary: The Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster is incredibly feature-rich, and each function works quite well. As for durability, the plastic housing of this toaster is actually quite well made, and our reviewer encountered zero issues with it during the testing process.
The Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster is a genuinely fantastic toaster. It’s super simple to use, a breeze to clean, and comes with a large assortment of handy features that actually work quite well. This, in tandem with its quite reasonable asking price makes the Breville Curve 4-Slice Toaster a fantastic choice for just about anyone in need of a quality toaster.