How To Cook Chicken In A Halogen Oven?
A halogen oven is made up of a glass bowl that has a lid, a fan and halogen bulbs that can practically cook anything. This versatile cooking gadget can bake, roast, grill, steam, barbeque and also dehydrate food. In case you want to cook chicken faster and easier to have delicious results, the halogen oven is a good choice. Compared to a conventional oven, the halogen oven cooks a whole chicken 40% faster and it cooks evenly. And aside from that, it removes any bacteria in the chicken when cooking at a high temperature. For this reason, this article is here to help you know how to use the halogen oven to make that finger-licking chicken you can’t get your hands off.
- 1.5kg Chicken
- 2 onions
- 2 Parsnips
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- Start by removing the giblets if at all it has the giblets then season the skin accordingly. Add a little black pepper and salt as your basic seasoning and if you like, you can add more seasoning of your choice to make it more interesting.
- During the preparation is when you stuff your chicken which is optional.
- Place the chicken facing downwards on the bottom rack of the halogen oven or you can use the extension ring for a great height (this is good to ensure that the top side if the chicken doesn’t burn).
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees for 3 minutes
Oil the chicken a little to taste.
- Put the chicken in a sitting position on the rack and then close the halogen oven with the lid.
- Set the temperature on your halogen oven to 392F that is approximately 2000C and the timer for about 45 minutes maximum.
- Wait until the timer goes off then remove the chicken and check whether it is fully cooked or not. Some people check using how clear the juices are. if they are not clear, the chicken has not yet cooked, therefore, return it into the oven for further cooking ( for about 20 minutes).
- For gravy, let the chicken rest for 15 minutes and take the juices into another pan with a drop of floor. Mix the flour on the pan at low heat consistently. Add some chicken stock in small amounts until you get the desired thickness.
- Slice and serve
Tips to consider when cooking chicken in a halogen oven
- The extension ring adds the right cooking height which provides more space and aids in preventing the chicken from burning which in turn protects the heating element.
- Cook chicken that is less than 5kg to achieve great success in cooking
- You can always check the cooking temperature using a meat thermometer
Using a silver foil prevents further burning and browning
Cooking chicken in a halogen oven is always fast and easy because it does not involve too much complicated methods. If you simply follow the method discussed above, you are guaranteed of great results. In addition, there are alternative ways you can cook the chicken in the halogen oven since we had said earlier that it is a versatile cooking gadget. You can choose to set the cooking temperature lower and add the cooking time to about an hour. In this process, no turning is required when the chicken is cooking. This is method cooks the chicken evenly and takes a longer time. For tender, juicy and tasty results of your chicken, the halogen oven is the right kitchen equipment to use.