How to Make a Bacon and Cheese Toastie?
You crave for a bacon and cheese toastie but you lack the knowledge of making one, you will find the answer in the steps discussed below.
Making a bacon and cheese toastie without a toastie maker
- 2 slices of bread
- A slice of cheese
- Bacon slice
- Butter or margarine.
Heat a frying pan with a small amount of butter, then spread one side of each piece of bread. Place the buttered side of the slice of bread directly on the pan. Layer the cheese and bacon on top of the bread while it is frying. Leave it for a minute or so until the cheese has melted and the bread crust turned brown. Put the remaining slice of bread, the buttered side up, on top of your toppings then flip the toastie down. When it turns a golden brown color, remove it from the pan. It is ready.
Making a bacon and cheese toastie with a toastie maker.
- 2 slices of bread
- Smoked bacon
- A knife
- Cheese grater
- 1Preheat the grill to achieve the right temperature. Usually takes upto 4 minutes
- 2Place the bread under the grill and make sure it gets heat all over it. Leave it there for five minutes for the toast to form an almost brown crust.
- 3Remove the bread and put it on a plate. Take the bacon and place it in the grill as well.
- 4As the bacon cooks, grate the cheese with the cheese grater to your desired amount.
- 5Check the bacon in the grill. When they begin to curl using the tongs available, carefully turn the bacons and wait the same amount of time like six minutes for them to be equally cooked.
- 6Remove the bacon from the grill and place them on a separate plate.
- 7Take the toast into the grill and place the bacon on top of it. Sprinkle the grated cheese on the bacon and push it back under the grill. 2-3 minutes in the cooking, check whether the cheese has melted.
- 8When the cheese melts, remove the toastie from under the grill and place it on a plate. Press the other piece of bread that was left on the plate on top of the toastie. You may want to cut the toastie in to a shape you like. Use a sharp knife to do this.
There you have your bacon and cheese toastie.