How to Properly Clean and Maintain Your Automatic Cat Feeder?
An automatic cat feeder is great for ensuring that your cat is fed even in your absence. If you haven’t got one yet, check out the best automatic cat feeder here. It is ideal for those who have a busy lifestyle and can barely find time to oversee their pets’ complete feeding schedule.
Also, if your cat is on a diet for whatever reason and it requires some special meal, the automatic pet feeder is exactly what you require.
However, just like any other piece of equipment, a pet feeder requires some maintenance and regular cleaning. This will not only extend its durability also it is a sure way to keep you in charge and up to speed with everything that’s going on with your pets.
This article shows you how you can adequately clean your automatic cat feeder.
Read Next: How to reset a microchip cat flap.
Cleaning the Cat Feeder
Most automatic cat feeders are made with parts which are dishwasher safe. Therefore, the cleaning process is not hard at all.
Even for those whose components are not dishwasher safe, I am happy to inform you that the cleaning process is not that hard as well as it only requires some thorough scrubbing and you will be good to go. After all, the only parts that are dishwasher safe in most automatic cat feeders are the metal tray and the hopper.
Therefore, it means that the other parts will have to be cleaned manually. Thankfully, the process is not that hard. You will need some warm water, a sponge and a damp piece of cloth.
- The first thing you need to do is disassemble the automatic cat feeder
- Remove the metal tray and the hopper from the central unit
- Using hot water and soap, thoroughly scrub the metal tray until it is clean to your satisfaction
- Rinse it and leave it to dry or wipe it using some paper towels
- Make sure that all the food is either feed or wholly removed from the hopper before you can proceed to clean it
- Next, using a damp piece of cloth, wipe every part of the feeder until you are satisfied with the results
- Reassemble the feeder and put in the cat food then reconfigure the feeding settings
Cleaning the automatic cat feeder is an integral part of maintaining it. By cleaning it, not only do you ensure that your cat is fed in a clean environment, but you also prolong the life of the feeder. Other ways in which you can maintain the automatic cat feeder is by ensuring that it is configured in the correct settings. The sure way to do this is by following the guidelines outlined in the instructions manual. You should also remember that an automatic cat feeder that is easy to use can be easily maintained because it does not present any complications to the pet owner and the cat itself. Therefore, the chances of it getting damaged or misused are on the minimal. In summation, ensure that all the cleaning instructions are followed to the letter because this is a necessary maintenance procedure.