Last Updated on May 6, 2021
Are you embarrassed by the mould and stuffy air in your home? Humidity is pulling a fast one on you and the best way to deal with it is by using a small dehumidifier.
These amazing gadgets are compact, fit in tight spaces and remove excess moisture in the air, making it clean and fresh to breathe. Our best small dehumidifier review will help you pick the right one for your home.
These Are The Best Small Dehumidifiers Of 2021
The best dehumidifier in all reviews is the Portable Small Dehumidifier By PureMate. We gave it a 5/5 star rating.
Are you looking for a home free of heavy air without creating a hole in your pocket? Make sure to invest in the PureMate Compact and Portable Mini Dehumidifier. With an extraction rate of up to 250ml of water from the air per day, this is the right unit to get if you want to get the best result.
It does not need too much energy ensuring that your electricity bill remains at a reasonable level. You will love the lightweight design and portability of this appliance making it possible for you to manipulate it without much stress.
Also, with a large water tank of 500ml, you can be sure of convenient operations devoid of frequent evacuations. The tank is easy to remove and empty for evacuation and the electric damp remover will switch off automatically as soon as the container is full thanks to the automatic shut off function. Also, the automatic electronic shut off mode enables you to continuously use the electric damp remover without any spillage.
The quiet operation mode of this small area dehumidifier will amaze you, thanks to its ultra-quiet whisper-technology operating fan. This way, you and other members of your household can enjoy your sleep while the digital machine is running.
Its thermoelectric cooling technology does not use a compressor and that is why it can be used consistently without having issues. It is recommended for small areas in your house like the kitchen, wardrobe, caravan, garage, just to mention a few. You can also use it in areas that are exposed to damp air so that humidity, mould, bacteria and damp can be effectively and easily removed.
- The best air dehumidifier can squeeze up to 250ml of moisture from the air daily.
- Perfect lightweight design often helps with portability.
- Our excellent first pick works in a way that will save energy.
- Easy-to-remove 500ml tank means perfect evacuation with no hose needed.
- Features a built-in feature that automatically switches off when the container is full.
- The best dehumidifier features great ultra-quiet operating fan for noiseless operation.
- These products may become less quiet after repeated use.
Second best dehumidifier you can purchase is the new Damp Air Remover By Auzkin. We gave one of the best small dehumidifiers a 5/5 star rating.
The Auzkin 600ml Portable Damp Dehumidifier is your best bet if you are looking for dry air inside your home at all times. This small area dehumidifier uses Thermo-Electric Peltier technology to absorb up to 300ml of water every day. Also, it features the capacity to remove moisture, mould as well as other allergens so that a healthy environment will be created for you as well as your family.
Besides, its great lightweight design is a plus and that is why you manoeuvre it without much stress. With its noise level standing at 35dB, you can be certain of noiseless operation for the most satisfactory result. You and other members of your household can sleep peacefully while the unit is running.
This top quality unit is programmed to switch off automatically when the rated capacity has been reached. As soon as the tank requires evacuation, the smart indicator light will turn red so that you will be informed that it is time for evacuation. Its optimal operating temperature is between 5 and 50 degrees so that high performance will be achieved often.
It is convenient to use with a one-button start-up mode that guarantees optimal performance. You will not mind its power consumption rate which stands at 23 watts per hour ensuring that your electricity bill does go up unnecessarily.
The popular unit is more than typical chemical absorbents and its affordability cannot be questioned. With the compact design of this machine, you can use it at any time and anywhere for the best result. This great small area dehumidifier features a coverage area of between 5 and 15 square metres of 160 square feet while the package dimension is 14.5 x 14.5 x 22.6 cm.
- Uses of the Thermo-Electric Peltier technology for efficient performance.
- The package dimension is 14.5 x 14.5 x 22.6 cm.
- The second best small dehumidifier can drain up to 300ml of water daily from humid rooms.
- This top quality unit has low noise operation for maximum comfort and makes it the next best unit on this list.
- Automatic shut-off function when the tank is full so you can easily take it out.
- Smart indicator light for better monitoring, and it will make your home look better anywhere you place it.
- The best small dehumidifier features an affordable price and smaller width and height compared to many others.
- It would be ideal for an area with low humidity levels.
Third place goes to the Compact Portable Dehumidifier By Pro Breeze. We gave our third choice a 4.5/5 star rating. You can see the cost and more information on the link below.
One of the best small dehumidifier devices is the new Pro Breeze Mini Dehumidifier. It can collect 0.25 litres of humidity per day and features an easy-to-dispense container with the tank capacity to hold large amount of water – up to 500ml. This is exactly what you’re looking for and need in a compact dehumidifier.
The one feature that makes this small dehumidifier the best is its ease of use. It´s super easy to use and simple to control, just take it out of the box, plug it in and let it work. This compact model extracts humidity efficiently from any room in your house, office or any place you want to use it and it also makes less noise than its competitors. It also helps to dry laundry.
It´s lightweight with a convenient size that makes it perfect choice to carry from one room to another. Also, it has auto shut-off when it’s reached its full tank capacity and a light indicator makes it possible for you to monitor the activities of this great mini room dehumidifier.
READ NEXT: Top rated sound bar under £200 reviews
- This small dehumidifier features a 1 year money back warranty as well as an affordable price.
- Doesn’t increase your electricity bill and keeps the humidity level and temperature in check.
- The technology makes it the next best electric unit in this article
- Due to its small dimensions, you don’t need much space to store this top quality unit.
- This small dehumidifier often helps laundry to dry and gets the job done for hours.
- The design of this unit helps your home look more attractive
- This one is only recommended for smaller areas.
- These models run better with low levels of room humidity.
Fourth best small dehumidifier is the new Ultra Quiet & Efficient Dehumidifier By Pro Breeze. We gave this one a 4.5/5 star rating.
Your search for the best quiet dehumidifier already ends here. The Pro Breeze dehumidifier has dimensions of 40.8X31.2X21.2 cm and weighs around two kg. It is a bit larger compared to many other small dehumidifiers on this list. It compensates for the larger and heavier build by having a 1500ml water tray. This will make sure that you don’t spend most of your time trying to remove and empty the unit.
It features a great indicator and features auto shut-off when the water tray is full. This mini room dehumidifier also features a moisture removal rating of 500ml each day. That’s double what many smaller extraction units have to offer to make it one of the best bathroom dehumidifier models available on the market today.
This larger dehumidifier uses thermo-electric cooling which is quieter compared to compressors. It’s also more energy efficient. This high tank capacity dehumidifier is ideal for use in medium size spaces like bedrooms, garages and caravans.
The Pro Breeze 1500ml dehumidifier features a wattage rating of 60W. Despite its dimensions and efficiency, its power consumption is within the same range as smaller less efficient dehumidifiers. Plus, these models run on 12 volts power sources and there is also a DC adapter provided for this purpose. Draining the container may be complicated, though.
READ NEXT: The best sound bar under £100 you can buy
- Lightweight and compact design is highly portable which means it doesn’t take up much space and is easy to move around the house
- This unit comes with a large water tank that doesn’t require you to remove and empty it every day
- This simple unit effectively and easily removes humidity in medium size spaces
- Plus, thermo-electric cooling system is quiet as well as energy efficient.
- This small dehumidifier often helps drying laundry while keeping the humidity level down and temperature in check.
- Draining the water tank may be a bit complicated as you need to unplug a rubber seal
Fifth best small dehumidifier is the Small Portable Dehumidifier By Homemaxs. We gave this one a 4.5/5 star rating. You can find out more about the purchase price and information on the link below.
If you want to achieve the most efficient moisture removal inside your home or office, you should go for the Homemaxs Super Quiet Mini Dehumidifier. Powered by a motor of 22 watts, this model features the capacity of working at an optimal level for hours without consuming too much electricity. Still, it also helps to dry laundry.
This unit is efficient to drain moisture from the air in a room as big as 220 square feet and this size should not be exceeded for the best result. Also, you can use it to extract the stuffy odour as well as avert mildew growth. With a water tank capacity of 0.7 litres, you can be sure of enough operating time before going for an evacuation.
The useful digital unit has the capacity to absorb about 300ml of moisture from the air every day and that is why it is ideal for small spaces like kitchen, wardrobe, bathroom and so on. Powered by the low noise thermoelectric Peltier technology with no compressor, this is the ideal small room dehumidifier for energy-efficient operations and keeping the moisture levels in check.
Its UL certified adapter prevents overheating and that is why it can be trusted for safe use. You will love its auto shut-off system which ensures that the unit is switched off when the tank is full to prevent spillage. There is also an indicator light that will trigger when the water tank is full. However, it may become noisy after some time.
What’s more, its light weight and design is a plus making it easier for you to move it from one place to another. Plus, the tested unit dimensions are 16.3 x 10.7 x 26.7 cm making it possible for you to place it on a shelf for the most satisfactory result.
- Large tank capacity of 0.7 litres for extra convenience.
- Has extraction rate of up to 300ml of water per day.
- Efficient for a room as big as 220 square feet.
- Noise free operation means greater comfort during long hours of continuous work.
- This unit features an UL certified adapter and good technology that prevents overheating.
- This top quality unit is easily movable around the house.
- This small dehumidifier features a budget friendly price.
- This small dehumidifier will help drying wet laundry with laundry mode.
- It may become noisy after repeated use.
Our sixth choice is the new Portable Economical Mini Dehumidifier By Hysure. We gave it a 4.5/5 star rating.
High humidity in your house can be a cause of bad odours, damp and mould and would have a bad effect on asthmatic people in the house. Get this energy efficient Hysure dehumidifier and it will take care of the problem by getting rid of the moisture in the air.
This home model is easy to use and simple to control so you can begin operating at the touch of a button, absorbing up to 300ml per day. This useful machine features a 0.7 litre tank that is detachable, allowing you to drain the water with so much ease. These models come with an automatic shut-off feature that will stop the dehumidification when the tank is full. An indicator will tell you when it is time to drain to enable continuous work.
Also, the light will let you know the mode the device is on: standby or dehumidifying. This compact 23W model will cover up to 15 square metres while consuming little energy. Its working noise is 35dB and that is why it is an ideal product to have at home. This great model measures 163*107*267mm and its weight is around 1kg. You will love the light weight and compactness of this home model.
- It is chemical free, creating a safe indoor environment.
- The top quality unit is easy to use and simple to control.
- This product is portable and ideal for small spaces including closets, bathroom, etc.
- Price is friendly enough to keep the humidity level lower.
- This small dehumidifier can help drying laundry and keep the air fresh all the time.
- It might not drain much moisture fast enough when the temperatures are cold.
- This small dehumidifier model might get noisy when working.
Seventh best small dehumidifier to buy is the new Compact 500Ml Portable Dehumidifier By Duronic. We gave it a 4/5 star rating. You can find out more about the price and details on the link below.
If you’re looking to get the best cheap dehumidifiers for home use, the Duronic DH05 portable dehumidifiers are worth choosing. In fact, it’s a compact small dehumidifier that measures 22X15.4X13 cm and weighs 1.2 kg. These small dehumidifiers come in a stylish black plastic body that saves on space.
This small dehumidifier features a 0.5 litre water tank with the visible water level. The moisture extraction unit has auto shut-off function and will switch on an indicator when the water tank is full to prevent water spillage. These dehumidifiers have a daily moisture removal capacity of 250ml.
Despite it looking to be of small size and moisture removal capacity, this small space dehumidifier is a small workhorse effectively and easily freshening the air in a room as large as 15m², like a bathroom, kitchen or smaller bedroom. This makes it one of the best dehumidifiers to choose for the bedroom on the market today. These models also have a washable filter which help you spend less money on new filters in the near future.
These dehumidifiers need to operate on 9 volts of power. Even a DC adapter is provided to connect to your mains. The machine is also rated at 22.5 watts. This ensures that this small room dehumidifier doesn’t consume a lot of electricity even if left running for the whole day. The Duronic DH05 dehumidifier even comes with two years warranty. This excellent dehumidifier is not great for vehicles, though.
- Compact and lightweight design saves on space and is easy to move around the house
- Its style will enhance the look of your room
- This unit is also including a washable filter
- Ultra quiet operation makes it a good investment for bedroom, office and bathroom
- Effective to keep the air fresh and condensation level low in not so large areas of up to 15m²
- Features two years money back warranty that protects you against repairs and replacement costs
- Doesn’t include car adapter making it not right for vehicles.
Eighth best small dehumidifier has got to be the Compact Moisture Absorber By Ikich. We gave it a 4/5 star rating. You can find out more about the price and details on the link below.
The Ikich Dehumidifier is a machine to get in today’s world filled with so many dehumidifiers. The unit is well designed with the ability to eliminate damp and mould moisture from room as big as 1100 cubic feet. It is recommended for a small area like the kitchen, basement, garage, bedroom, caravan and even wardrobes. That said, choose it if you want energy efficient unit.
You will love the low energy consumption of this appliance while its lightweight makes it easy to handle. It has the extraction rate of up to 250ml of moisture per day and the job is carried out efficiently. With a water tank having a capacity of 500ml, you can be sure of adequate operation before going for an evacuation.
The innovative Peltier Whisper Technology used to produce this appliance is a plus and that is why you could enjoy noiseless operations at all times. When it comes to noise, these models make use of thermoelectric cooling in lieu of compressor mechanism to help you to sleep or read while the dehumidifier is working.
When the maximum capacity is reached, it has an auto shut-off function and its LED light will turn yellow to get you informed. The tank is easy to remove for convenient evacuation. The damp extraction unit also consumes less electricity and that is why it is the perfect choice for you if you don’t want your electricity bill to go up abruptly. However, even these models have some flaws.
Its noise level stands at 35dB making it possible for you to sleep, read or do many other things while the gadget is running. You can even control it with a simple button while the damp extraction unit dimension stands at 15.4 x 13 x 22 cm.
- Works effectively and easily in an area up to 1100 cubic feet in size.
- Compact design means ease of use and storage, but will also make your home look more attractive.
- Buy this machine as it has the extraction rate of up to 250ml of moisture per day.
- This space saver features 500ml capacity for high performance.
- Ultra-quiet operation feature for maximum comfort and lower humidity level.
- Low energy consumption to keep your bills in check.
- The reviews find that it could be a bit complex to remove and empty the water tank every day.
- No timer function.
Our ninth pick is the Portable Air Purifier By Duronic. We gave it a 4/5 star rating. You can take a close look at the price and details on the Amazon page below.
The Duronic Compact Portable Dehumidifier is a perfect damp extraction machine to get for rooms that are not more than 15 square metres. These models are electric damp removers that can be used to conquer dampness in your bedroom, garage, cupboard, utility room and so on. It removes the humidity from air and releases it back into the room.
It comes with a 500ml water tank so that you don’t need to worry about daily tank evacuation. The water compartment level is visible so that you will be able to monitor it with ease. This model features the extraction rate of up to 250ml of water from the air per day so that you will be able to enjoy healthy dry air.
With an auto switch-off mode, the electric dehumidifier will shut down when the tank is full. This saves energy and prevents spillage for the most satisfactory result. These models have a one-speed setting which operates quietly for greater convenience. There is even a light signal that lets you know when the tank is full, enabling you to manage the machine with ease.
Powered by a great motor with a capacity of 22.5 watts, you get the highest performance without consuming too much energy. These models come with an adaptor so that you don’t need to worry about battery replacement. Its filter is washable making it possible for you to extend its lifespan.
When it comes to size, the dimensions are 15.4 x 14.5 x 22cm, this small portable device can be easily placed on a smaller shelf without much hassle. Also, its storage will not be an issue if you decide to keep it for future use. However, even these models have some flaws, and therefore you should know about them before you get one.
- This electric unit can tackle up to 250ml of moisture daily, keep the air fresh and humidity level low.
- Large tank capacity of 500ml means greater convenience and no need for you to remove and empty it regularly.
- Auto shut-off function will shut off the device when the tank is full.
- Features washable filter and ultra-quiet operation which makes it the right one for your home.
- Lightweight, portable as well as compact so it doesn’t take a lot of space.
- Buy it and you won’t regret, great value for its cost.
- Might be one of the less ideal options for very big rooms.
- Doesn’t include a timer function.
- This electric unit has no ioniser function.
Our tenth pick on the best dehumidifiers list is the Intelligent Portable Mini Dehumidifier By Excelvan. We gave this smaller device a 4/5 star rating.
Excelvan Small Dehumidifier comes with a removable 1500ml capacity water tank. This small room dehumidifier is easy to use and control, you only need to plug it, touch “On” button and it’s good to go. This great model removes moisture from air and pumps it back efficiently in rooms with a smaller area of up to 20 square metres.
When the water tank is full, it automatically goes into standby mode to avoid water spillage. These models are only available in white colour, take up little space and also work quietly.
Its main cable features a total length of two metres making it easier for you to power it. This humidity extraction unit is light in weight and compact, perfect for moving it around easily. It is powerful enough to help reduce moisture and mould related problems in small rooms like a bathroom and closet.
- Get one if you wish to have an energy friendly machine.
- One of the less expensive options to get.
- These small dehumidifiers will look amazing in your home anywhere you place them.
- Buy this model if you desire no noise disturbance.
- One of the best portable dehumidifiers to keep the air inside your home fresh and moisture level lower.
- These dehumidifiers look good, but are not powerful enough for big rooms.
- No timer function.
- Not an ioniser.
A Mini Guide To Dehumidifiers And Their Uses
We all want to save a penny whenever we can. One way is by using an electric shower. They only heat the water in use. A bathroom extractor fan can get rid of the steam caused by the electric shower. It will also get rid of the warm air so that you don’t have to switch on your ceiling fan or portable air conditioner.
Another great energy saver is a wireless thermostat. It allows you to easily control your heating and cooling system depending on the temperature changes, and you can also monitor energy consumption.
For small areas like your office or car, a mini dehumidifier will be ideal since it keeps the air fresh and dry without using too much energy. We will show you how to choose the best dehumidifier.
Types Of Dehumidifiers
Dehumidifiers can be classified according to type, how they work and their size. With regard to type classification according to dimensions, you have mini type, medium size and whole house dehumidifiers.
Mini dehumidifiers are small appliances weighing a few kilograms and are designed for use in small rooms. These are the common types of dehumidifiers we cover in our reviews. Medium size dehumidifiers are larger than the minis.
They’re well designed for use in slightly larger rooms. Some of these also act as purifiers and feature air filtration systems. Whole house dehumidifiers are large units which are usually installed outside the house.
They’re connected to networks of ventilation systems which branch out to the different rooms in the house. They usually work by blowing in cool dry air into the rooms and drawing out warm humid air.
If you want to get a dehumidifeir, the important thing is the classification by how the dehumidifier works.
These have a fan which draws warm humid air into the dehumidifier. A refrigeration method like a compressor or thermo-electric cooling cools a metal plate upon which the warm air is driven. The cooling metal plate draws water from the air which is then released into the environment.
Desiccant dehumidifiers use a chemical lika silica gel attached to a rotating wheel. As humid air passes through the desiccant, moisture is drawn from it. As the wheel continues to rotate, the moisture within the desiccant dehumidifier is drawn and drained out of the unit by passing the desiccant through warm air. Desiccant dehumidifiers are usually smaller compared to refrigerant types and usually make the best quiet dehumidifier.
These make the best home dehumidifiers, they are quiet and inexpensive to operate. They usually operate by heat exchange where dry, cool fresh air is drawn into the house, displacing warm humid air.
What To Consider Buying A Mini Dehumidifier
Small dehumidifiers are designed for use in single spaces like the bathroom or a car. They’re highly portable and easy to operate. If you’re looking for the best compact dehumidifier, here are some considerations to make.
When you want to get a dehumidifier, dimensions might mean two things. First, it means the dimensions of the unit. If you’re limited on space, a smaller dehumidifier is recommended. The second meaning of size is its volume capacity. That is, how much water the collection tank will hold before you need to empty it.
Daily moisture removal rate
Another thing to take into consideration is removal rate. The better economical dehumidifiers will usually remove between 200ml and 500ml of water from the air every 24 hours. The amount of moisture removed will however, depend on relative humidity and prevailing temperatures.
Small dehumidifiers are usually well designed for homes and rooms such as the bathroom, bedroom or even office as well. Our advice – you’ll want a unit with quiet operation.
Small dehumidifiers usually operate on a 12 or 9 volt power source. This however isn’t really important. The rating you should really be looking at is the wattage rating. A higher wattage rating means you’ll end up paying higher electricity bills.
Dehumidifier Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do small dehumidifiers work?
A. Small dehumidifier machines work by pulling air through a special filter and cooled coils. Water condenses on the coils and then drips into a tank.
Q. Where is the best place to put a dehumidifier in a room?
A. The best position to put a dehumidifier in a room is the centre or some distance (preferably 6-12 inches) away from back walls and furniture. This will let the dehumidifier get good airflow around it.
Q. Should you run a dehumidifier in winter?
A. You should run a dehumidifier in winter if the relative humidity level stays above 50% for most of the time. You will likely need to get a dehumidifier for your basement more in winter because it’s the coldest part of your house.
Q. Should I put a dehumidifier in my crawl space?
A. You should put a dehumidifier in your crawl space to protect your home from moisture-induced wood rot and to ensure a comfortable living space for your family.
Q. How do I know if I need a dehumidifier?
A. You know you need a dehumidifier if:
- Moist stains are found on walls or ceiling
- Condensation covers your windows
- Mould is visible
- Much moisture is in the air
- Musty odour is perceived
Q. Will a dehumidifier lower my electric bill?
A. A dehumidifier will lower your electricity bill because your home will feel cooler with low levels of moisture from the air. Also, you don’t have the need to run your air conditioner often.
Q. Is a dehumidifier good to dry clothes?
A. A dehumidifier is good for drying clothes because it draws wetness from clothes and can help them dry quicker.
Q. How long does a dehumidifier last?
A. Generally, dehumidifiers typically last 3-5yrs with constant use and under normal working conditions.
Q. Will a dehumidifier make a room cooler?
A. A dehumidifier will make a mini room cooler not because it produces cool dry air but because it removes humidity from your home and leaves the atmosphere cool and comfortable.
Q. Will a dehumidifier in the basement help the whole house?
A. A dehumidifier in the basement will help the whole house because humidity is mostly transferred from your basement’s walls and ceiling.